brighterkind is a dynamic care home group that is delivering a new approach to care, putting residents’ happiness and health at the heart of our philosophy. Currently a standalone business within the Four Seasons Group, brighterkind has aspirations to develop independently into one of the leading care home providers in the UK.
This role presents a unique opportunity to join a caring, fun and forward thinking business which is currently in its early stages of development.
brighterkind operates in excess of 70 care homes throughout England, Scotland and the Channel Islands and employs more than 4,000 people. We are already the 5th largest provider in the UK with aspirations to develop further over the next three years.
brighterkind is focused on becoming the brand of choice within the care sector. Our aspiration is that in time brighterkind becomes a byword for unrivalled levels of personal and nursing care, offering outstanding recreation and activities, and delivering a high quality food and dining experience to all our residents. Put simply, our aim is to establish ourselves as the best known and most highly respected operator in the care sector.
We are investing heavily in our estate as part of a comprehensive re branding and refurbishment strategy. £25m has been earmarked to refurbish our homes and turn them into contemporary and comfortable places to live and work; £12m of this capital has already been invested. We are also investing heavily in professional development and have created a number of industry leading training programmes to help our managers and leaders to be the best that they can be.
We aspire to provide our employees with a truly rewarding opportunity to proactively shape the company culture and influence the development of the business. This really is an exciting time to join us. We offer a challenging and rewarding environment for proactive and innovative individuals to flourish and develop.
We are looking for professional, creative and energetic candidates to join our friendly and passionate team all working towards the same goals – to help those we care for, love every day!
As a Domestic Assistant you will be responsible for ensuring optimum levels of cleanliness and the overall appearance of the home in line with the Home’s standards and best practice. Your consistent attention to detail is essential, as is the ability to communicate with residents and their families as the role is part of the care team.
You'll undertake routine cleaning on a daily or weekly basis as well as emergencies such as spills. You will also support in the regular, planned deep cleaning on a monthly or annual basis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collate and prepare orders for replenishing cleaning materials and stocks for the Home authorisation using approved suppliers in line with the company processes and within the agreed budgets;
- Carry out all cleaning duties in accordance with worksheet instructions including:
- Vacuuming, carpet shampooing and washing floor areas stairs and lifts;
- Cleaning toilets, baths and washbasins, providing adequate supplies of toilet rolls, soap and hand towels;
- Cleaning windows, paintwork and walls;
- Thoroughly cleaning of vacated rooms ready for re-occupation.
- Removal of rubbish and clinical waste to storage area ready for collection by the appropriate agencies;
- Understand the cleaning requirements of different surfaces and equipment and the properties of cleaning materials, ensure the areas are well presented and maintained in good condition;
- Practice safe systems of work across the range of tasks and in particular moving and handling of loads, by assessing risk and having due regard for personal safety and the safety of residents, visitors and staff;
- Understand personal responsibilities in relation to the Health & Safety at Work Acts and fire safety and evacuation procedures and demonstrates a working knowledge of COSHH assessments applicable in own work area;
- Act in a professional and courteous manner at all times towards residents and their visitors, respecting the dignity and individuality of each resident.
- Encourage and contribute to working as a team, responding positively to colleagues and acting on all reasonable work instructions promptly;
- Take care of items of equipment used to carry out tasks, including general cleanliness and advising on any faults and the need for maintenance or replacement;
- Responsible for the safe and tidy storage of supplies and equipment in line with your area of work and responsibility to read, understand and adhere to the company policies and procedures.
An energetic, committed yet approachable team member, the person who fulfils this role will add real value with their obvious passion and commitment to both residents, families and staff alike, but will have the ability to multi-task in a high pressure environment with care and compassion. Your talent and ability will be a reflection of the brighterkind culture and values and will help showcase the best of our organisation.
If you possess these skills and the drive to succeed in this role we would love to hear from you. In return brighterkind provide a variety of competitive benefits including a generous holiday allowance, a bespoke development programme, child care vouchers and an employee discount scheme.
Their talent and ability will be a reflection of the brighterkind culture and values and will help showcase the best of our organisation.
To succeed you will be:
• A team player - brighterkind is a low ‘ego’ organisation;
• Strong communicator and influencer;
• Energetic and hard-working;
• Passionate about offering superior services and want to make a difference in everything that they do
• A sense of humour and positive outlook on life – Glass half full rather than half empty is key!
We offer unrivalled employee benefits as our staff are at the heart of our achievements and future vision. Rewarding commitment and long service are important to us and all employees are entitled to the following benefits and incentives.
• Competitive salaries and generous holiday allowance
• Ongoing personal development plan and career progression
• Team Meal Offering
• Free uniform
• High street discount vouchers
• NEST work place pension contributions
• Long service awards and vouchers
All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory references and a DBS check.
As you can imagine we receive very high volumes of applications for some of our roles.
Whilst we are not able to respond personally to each applicant, we appreciate the time you have taken to consider and apply for a new role with brighterkind.
If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks, then on this occasion your application has not been successful.
Please keep checking our website for upcoming opportunities.