Job Title: Domestic Assistant
Salary: £8.72 per hour
Job Type: Permanent, Part Time
Closing Date: Wednesday 12th August 2020
The Trust is a family of charities & community of people supporting those most in need in the West Midlands. They want everyone, regardless of age or circumstances, to feel secure, have opportunities and to thrive
The services provided include:
- Safe, affordable and well-maintained alms-housing
- Residential and extra care
- Community and housing related support
- Services to advance the opportunities of children and young people in need
Everything they do is rooted in their 370 year history and driven by their vision for the future
The Domestic Service is an essential part of the organisation, providing a first class cleaning service across all of the sites, including independent living and residential care services. Domestic Assistants will have a regular base, but will on occasions be required to provide cleaning services at any of the Trust's other sites as required.
The Trust is looking for two positions; one working 17 hours per week Monday to Friday based at its Shirley, Solihull Independent Living Scheme and one weekend position working 7 hours per week Saturday to Sunday based at Alexandra Court Extra Care Scheme in Olton, Solihull.
In return, the Trust will provide lots of support, training and opportunities to progress in your career
Domestic Assistants will be required to clean communal areas (including toilets, bathrooms, kitchens, dining rooms, halls, lounges etc.), offices and meeting rooms, guest rooms and resident's rooms (including making or changing beds) or homes (including cleaning empty properties/rooms). This will include replacing sundry toiletry items such as toilet rolls, soap, etc.
- An enhanced DBS check will be taken up for the successful candidate.
- Relevant previous experience
- Knowledge of working practices to prevent spread of germs around premises
- Awareness of health and safety
- A caring person who is sensitive to the needs of older vulnerable people and who can engage with and communicate with a diverse range of people
- Able to work independently and within a team
- Self-motivated and flexible
- Tact and discretion
- Able to work under pressure and prioritise tasks
- A positive can-do attitude.
- Shares the Trusts values
What they offer:
The Trust continues to reward staff with competitive pay rates and a number of employee benefits including:
- Starting on 31 days holiday inclusive of Bank Holidays (increases with service)
- An annual 'wellbeing' day for all staff
- Company sick pay
- Pension scheme
- Employee Assistance programme
- Long service awards
- Ongoing career development training
The Trust is proud to be an equal opportunity employer who celebrates diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees
To apply for these roles please click APPLY button and information will be sent to your inbox
IMPORTANT: Please read through this information carefully as this must be completed to submit your application fully
Please note should sufficient applications be received they reserve the right to close this vacancy at any time and recruit at any stage. They always encourage all interested applicants to apply at their earliest convenience to avoid disappointment
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Domestic Cleaner, Cleaner, Cleaning Assistant, Commercial Cleaning Operative, Waste Operative, General Cleaner, Cleaners, Cleaner, and Hygiene Operator will also be considered for this role
8.72 - 8.72 per hour