Our client, a top tier accountancy firm, have recently created a Divisional Operations Director role to support one of their largest and fastest growing service lines. The division provides services to a wide range of clients and prides itself on the quality of service, high degree of professionalism and personal approach. The team comprises between 50 and 60 individuals, including 5 partners, and is supported by an administration team of 5 people.
Given the levels of growth and the client facing nature of the Partners and Directors in the division, they have decided to recruit a proactive individual who can take overall responsibility for the operational day to day management. This wide ranging role is intended to assist the division's all-round development in key areas such as people management, budgeting, compliance and administration.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate their experience in these areas, approaching matters with a 'can-do' attitude.
As the successful candidate, you will be responsible for:
- Managing and resolving staff issues ranging from welfare to performance
- Direct management of the Support Team
- Introducing/enhancing development programmes for the team
- Liaising with the Training team regarding organisation and scheduling of Student professional training and monitoring progress
- Managing delivery of appraisals and ensuring consistency in feedback to staff and managers
- Streamlining of processes, including resourcing where required
- Assistance with professional recruitment and staff induction
- Be responsible for collating the division's budget, and updating forecasts including:
- Tracking Budget to actual performance
- In year revisions and Forecasts
- Charge out rate reviews
- Overview of overall WIP, Billing and Variances and Provisions by service line and Manager/Director/Partner
- WIP investigations and reporting Identifying / monitoring KPIs
- Organising Partner conferences/meetings and draft minutes
- Developing and maintain relationships with external consultants
- Arranging Staff Social events
- Ad hoc projects for the Tax division and more widely if required.
- Assisting with Non-Technical client feedback
You will have:
- Significant experience working in a practice or professional services environment;
- Experience of leading and managing responsibilities similar to this role.
- Have an in-depth understanding of compliance matters;
- Significant experience of people management both of direct team members and coordinating more widely across a division/team;
- Demonstrate a 'can-do' attitude in their approach to projects
- Excellent written and oral communication skills for liaison with staff, partners and external parties alike
- Be confident in driving continual development across all aspects of the division.
Please apply on-line for immediate consideration. Once you have applied if you have any questions call 0203 22 55 060.
Please also note that due to the volume of applications, only those shortlisted will be contacted. If you have not received a response within two weeks, please assume your application for this role was unsuccessful.
£70,000.00 - £80,000.00 per year