Salary - £25,000
NewsTeam Group are the UK’s leading newspaper and magazine delivery company. We provide a delivery service to over 65,000 households and businesses across the UK.
The success of our business depends on providing a first class, reliable delivery service to our customers. Our Night Distribution Managers are critical to our continued success and form an important part of our overall management function.
As a Distribution Manager you will have the following primary roles:
- To manage and oversee the overall packing and distribution function within your territory (primarily overnight operations).
- To ensure all deliveries are made accurately and on time in line with our expected service levels
- To assist the Regional Management team in ensuring your area operates within acceptable cost parameters
- To assist in managing the recruitment and training process for all required staff, contractors & agents, including maintaining a pipeline of new personnel.
- To work with other departments within the company and our suppliers to ensure optimum efficiency and service levels are maintained at all times.
As an Distribution Manager, you will be responsible and accountable for your own performance and that of your team, specifically you will:
- Develop and lead your team to deliver results
- Manage and plan your territory and activity to meet the required service levels
- Drive the recruitment process and pipeline to maintain acceptable staffing levels
- Be accountable for administration including but not limited to the company’s management software, stock levels, round management, financial accountability, payroll, staffing and health & safety.
- Work with the company’s business development resources in your area to promote sustainable and cost effective growth.
- Attend regular management meetings and conference calls where you will be held accountable for your performance and results when necessary
Benefits and Rewards
- Full support and tools provided by the company and your Regional Management team to develop your own successful business
- 80 days annual leave including rest days.
Experience in either logistical and operations management essential, preferably within the FMCG (fast moving consumer goods) field.
You must be computer literate, hold a full driving licence have your own vehicle.