We are a global team of dedicated and experienced architects, engineers, designers and technology professionals who share a common desire to help our clients create liveable, sustainable and advanced urban environments. From high-rises to industrial buildings, schools to state-of-the-art hospitals, transit stations to highways, airports to toll systems, bike lanes to parks, we design every aspect of a truly integrated city for people to live, work and play.
- Integrity We do what is right
- Partnerships We work together
- Excellence We pursue design excellence
- Innovation We embrace ingenuity
- Community We build community
Our collaborative and combined approach focuses not only on creating the best solutions today, but also determining the right solutions for tomorrow. We believe cities in the future must be designed with intelligent systems, sustainable buildings, efficient infrastructure and a human touch.
At IBI Group, were defining the cities of tomorrow.
- Full Time
- Initially in Didsbury and moving to City Centre Q2 2020
IBI Group is restructuring its business in the North of England to better serve a growing and diverse client base, and we are seeking a highly motivated individual with proven leadership and built environment design experience to lead the Manchester office.
We are a design led practice capable of delivering complex, high profile projects of all scales and we demonstrate the genuine improvements our designs make through IBI THiNK, our in-house R&D programme.
This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the growth of IBI Group in the UK. The role reports directly to the Regional Director for UK&I.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for managing IBI Group operations in the Manchester Office
- Report to the UK&I Regional Director
- Will have bottom-line accountability for the offices operational results including:
- Financial performance
- Professional / technical excellence
- Staff motivation and development
- Client satisfaction
- Work with the Regional Director, Sub-Sector Leaders and the other office and practice leads in developing the offices professional practice in accordance with the Regions business plan and objectives
- Provide weekly reports to the Regional Director on the performance of the office and related issues, problems and opportunities
- Personally lead specific Studio team(s)
- Undertake market assessments of business opportunities in the Manchester / North of England region
- Establish a pipeline of project opportunities and track the opportunities through to pursuit stage
- Liaise with other IBI offices on project opportunities and business development activity
- Develop collaborative relationships with potential bidding partners to track and bid on project opportunities
- Develop and maintain relationships with potential clients with a view to IBI bidding on upcoming work
- Develop proposals for project opportunities
- Prepare the offices annual business plan and associated updates in consultation with senior colleagues in the office
- Control the office budget and tracking the performance of project teams and staff against the approved business plan, and initiating corrective action as required to achieve the office targets for profitability, billings, and collections
- Collaborate with the Regional Director, UK& Ireland Management and the other colleagues in the Region to achieve the firms objectives for enhancing and growing the firms professional practice and effective use of the firms resources
- Coordinate follow-up on any legal actions involving the firm in the office in consultation with the Regional leader and Corporate Counsel
- Spearhead the office marketing activities and reviewing all proposals and contracts in the office to ensure consistency with the Regions approved business plan and adherence to the firms corporate and professional standards
- Ensure projects are delivered by the organisation to the clients expectations cost, quality, time
- Naturally youll hold full ARB Registration and RIBA Qualification
- Evidence of achievement within leadership roles in the Architectural industry
- A wide ranging network and sphere of influence and demonstrable experience of securing new commissions within your specialist sector(s)
- Considerable team and people leadership capability
- Adept in commercial management and negotiation of fees
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
As part of IBI Group's selection process, candidates may be requested to consent to background checks relevant to the role they are under consideration for and prior to receiving a job offer. These could include work references, education and credential confirmation, employment verification, identity check, credit report, criminal offence and drivers license record.
IBI Group provides a competitive benefits package and pays association dues and licensing fees.