Dematic is a leading supplier of integrated automated technology, software and services to optimize the supply chain. Dematic employs over 7,000 skilled logistics professionals to serve its customers globally, with engineering centers and manufacturing facilities located around the world. Dematic is one brand under the KION Group of companies and has implemented more than 6,000 integrated systems for a customer base that includes small, medium and large companies doing business in a variety of market sectors.
Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, Dematic is a member of KION Group, a global leader in industrial trucks, related services and supply chain solutions. Across more than 100 countries worldwide, the KION Group designs, builds and supports logistics solutions that optimize material and information flow within factories, warehouses and distribution centers. The company is the largest manufacturer of industrial trucks in Europe, the second-largest producer of forklifts globally and a leading provider of warehouse automation.
Purpose of Role
To promote consistent standards and continuous improvement within the Solutions & Estimating teams. To guide, monitor and develop the team, which will provide solution development and quotation support to the regional sales team for project bids. Working as part of the wider management team within the GCO organisation.
• The allocation of resources to execute workload retaining the focus on pre-engineered Dematic standard solutions
• Main point of contact for the Mix case fulfilment team within the European regions
• To produce and manage the activity plan/time schedule encompassing all other functions with input into the process, e.g. software solutions, purchasing, R&D, equipment lists, third party equipment lists, and solution simulation
• Responsible for the departmental outputs of SIOP information and reporting
• Management of the production of the overall Pre-Sales layouts and Subcontract Layouts in agreed Dematic drawing packages including 3D models, videos, fly through and Renders for final presentation/offer documents
• Management of Budget/ROM price offers, reviewing, checking and approval of all pricing information and customer documentation originating from the department.
• Support the local team in the management of Engineering & H&S review processes
• Manage the development and maintenance of pricing tools and procedures.
• Challenge project costs, timescales and technologies to make sure lean and workable standardised solutions are developed
• Review/audit pre contract offers to ensure the quality of the design and the robust nature of the offering.
• Participate in the Bid/No Bid process for all projects in region
• Actively participate in customer presentations, leading the discussions on the solution design and present the company to customers in line with the company image
• Become a valued partner to the regional leader/management team of SD and Sales
- Degree/HND or equivalent qualification in Maths, Science or Engineering discipline or equivalent by experience.
- Experience of project work / estimating within the materials handling industry.
- Working knowledge of MS Excel, MS Project and other MS office suite applications.
- Fluent business English. Second European language desirable.