The Director, R&D, Microsoft Dynamics 365 ERP leads product development for existing and next-generation Food & Beverage ERP solution in Aptean. This position leads the global development team in innovating and delivering purpose-built ERP solutions in the Food and Beverage space and execute on strategy and business objectives. The Director influences the direction of existing workstreams as well as shapes the next generation of products collaborating with product managers in line with company's overall product portfolio and corporate strategies.
· Expert leader of Business Applications projects.
· Extensive expertise in Dynamics 365 and the lifecycle of planning, implementing and maintaining such solutions.
· Over ten years of relevant experience and five years of handling complex teams of business and technical resources.
· Key proficiencies in Business process design, systems configuration, application development, testing, localization, and deployment in the context of Microsoft Dynamics business solutions
· Excellence in communicating and presenting complex information to technical and business partners, both verbally and in written form.
· Expert in all aspects of the Software Development Lifecycle: Product Engineering, Project Management, Resource Management, Customer Management and Release Planning for one or more products. Enables agile development culture. Makes assessments and decisions with respect to relevant to Product and R&D technologies.
· Ability to deal with extreme ambiguity and rapidly changing environments
· Prior experience in managing global teams
· Able to Travel up to 30% internationally for internal work meetings and acquisition related activities
· Manages one or more product teams, managing work allocation, supervising day-to-day work of team members and setting team objectives.
· Owns delivery of all projects and goals of the team from initiation and planning to execution and delivery.
· Responsible for project metrics, committed schedule, quality and risk mitigation of the projects.
· Performs necessary activities as related to M&A and acquisition integration. Defines and enforces acquisition integration plan when necessary.
· Reviews pioneering concepts and principles.
· Applies knowledge to practical issues often relating to more than one functional area.
· Integrates expert knowledge of own discipline(s) with extensive knowledge of other disciplines in order to develop organizational road-map and strategy.
· Offers expertise cutting across the organization globally and makes strategic decisions.
· Makes strategic decisions which will have a major impact on business unit or significant impact on organization goals.
· Drives the application of principles, theories and concepts and determines the best course of action.
· Continuously improve and communicate Agile product management process, culture, and best practices in enabling development of software, products and services within the department and the broader organization
· Participates actively in customer-centric product roadmap decisions and product strategizing exercises.
· Determines best course of action with consideration for customer satisfaction, customer retention and market expansion.
· Ensures active cross-functional and business stakeholder communication.
· Effectively demonstrates skills in Customer Management, Stakeholder Management, Communication, Negotiation and Time Management. Hires and develops the team to meet objectives and increase productivity over time.
· Grooms future leaders and charts the long-term path for the team/department
· Guides top management in all department-wide interventions. Resolves critical and complex issues impacting overall organization direction and results.
· Advises others and manages divergent interests and perspectives. Successfully demonstrates building high-performance culture.
· Drive and support the annual and quarterly product planning process across enterprise systems.
· Design measurable tactical and strategic indicators of success that include data-driven inputs and outputs that will help drive accountability and alignment across the team.
· Bachelor's degree in Business or technology-related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. An advanced degree or MBA is strongly preferred, particularly technical (IT, engineering, or related).
· 10+ years of progressively responsible experience in product development or product-focused roles, 4+ years of which is in the technology or ERP related industries or domains
· 5+ years of experience managing and developing one of the following: enterprise systems, enterprise operations platforms, ERP systems (specifically Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central or Dynamics F&O).
· 4+ years of experience successfully leading and growing highly effective and impactful teams using Microsoft Dynamics tech stack (Navision, BC or F&O)
· In-depth understanding of business strategy and metrics
· History of communicating complex propositions, products or services to internal and external stakeholders resulting in successful launch of products, from business case through product delivery and management
· A track recording of establishing a vision for a product or service and taking the idea from concept to successful commercial release/lifecycle management
· Entrepreneurial, independent and pro-active approach to problem solving
· Exceptional analytical skills
· Superior communication skills with a demonstrated ability to navigate a complex organization in generating buy-in for plans and ideas
· Commitment to reflect company's values