We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Arm is seeking a Director of Engineering to lead the development of our commercial embedded C/C++ compiler (Arm Compiler). If you love to enable engineering teams to perform at the highest-level then this is an extraordinary opportunity for you as an engineering manager.
Your experience will make a difference in technical delivery, direct people management, attention to results, and commitment to quality in a high-performance dynamic environment.
You will be working directly with a team of strong technical specialists, alongside engineering, project and product managers, as well as the wider Arm ecosystem.
You will deliver cutting edge toolchain support for Arm-based CPU implementations to enable our partners to accelerate and deploy Arm-based designs with market leading performance. Our partners include the world's top technology companies.
What am I accountable for?
- You will lead and develop a team and be responsible for the quality of their work and operational results.
- The position requires line-management of personnel according to UK workplace legislation, with duties such as staff performance management, competence development, capacity management and salary setting.
- You will collect and maintain high-level portfolio requirements as well as liaising with key partners, revising and improving processes within the team.
- You are expected to provide technical direction, guide and sometimes make the technical decisions for design, methodology, quality and performance-aspects of the software/tooling the team builds.
What skills, experience, and qualifications do I need?
- You lead by example with a deep understanding of development practices, agile and waterfall project management methodologies, QA processes etc.
- Experience in technical leadership, coaching and mentoring. You communicate solutions for complicated technical problems clearly to both team members and partners.
- You have deep understanding of software development and how to deliver software aligned with waterfall projects as well as iterate with customers in an Agile relationship.
- An understanding of open source software development would help you to be successful in this role.
- Experience of delivering software for functional safety (ISO 26262) markets is also helpful. Any necessary training can be provided.
Education & Qualification
You will need relevant experience in engineering leadership and a good degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science / Software Engineering.
What are the desired behaviors for this role?
At Arm, we are proud to have a set of behaviors that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary. These behaviors are assessed as part of the recruitment process:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realize that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t (what does collaborate)
Passion for Progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be Your Brilliant Self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognize the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
- Success in the global marketplace.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps