At Dovetail Games we are passionate about empowering our people to build beautiful worlds, craft breath-taking games and do the best work of their career to deliver our vision: “By Enthusiasts, For Enthusiasts”.
We recently moved into a brand new river-front studio in the heart of the Historic Dockyard in Kent, UK. We are growing fast, developing our games using cutting-edge technology and delivering these on multiple platforms: PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
We are looking for a Director of Community to lead our events teams, working alongside Publishing and Development to ensure the best experiences for our communites and audiences. You will be responsible for attending games events and meeting the fans, gaining valuble knowledge and being hands on.
- Leading the Dovetail Games community team, with a hands-on approach to community management, broadcasting, social media, and all player first activities.
- Building content creator programs and ensuring the best of our community activity reaches a wide audience of rail and fishing fans
- Managing and briefing community content and assets for all our titles
- Representing community and players at the highest levels of the organisation
- Working within Publishing and alongside Development to ensure the best community experiences for our titles are directly available to our audiences
- Using data and metrics to understand what content grows our channels through great community engagement
- Organising and managing fan events and attendance at rail, fishing and games events
- Leading player comms for our titles in a way that keeps our audience always informed and entertained
- Managing customer support across all titles
- 3-5 years hands-on community management experience within the games industry, on PC and Console
- Hands-on experience of creating community schedules for a busy release-focused organisation
- Demonstrable enthusiasm for and strong experience of live broadcast, both with on camera experience, production and schedule understanding. Twitch, YouTube, Mixer or Steam broadcasting is something you love to do.
- A determination to represent both our players and our company with clear communication and full trust
- Small department/team management experience with a managerial style that focuses on team achievements, department goals and individual team member skillsets
- A social media skillset – you’re experienced in getting the best from Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and other relevant social media platforms, you can also manage social media managers as well as community managers.
- A personal love of online hobby communities and games – being a railfan or angler is beneficial but having a personal hobby is also prized!
About Dovetail Games
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities and diversity, and all applicants will be considered on their merit, qualifications, competence and talent regardless of any protected characteristics.
- You will have a direct and significant impact on the future of our games
- You’ll experience an environment where you will be challenged but supported
- We have an industry leading work-life balance
- We are developing games across multiple platforms using cutting edge technology
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Pension scheme
- Eye-care vouchers
- Free parking
- Free fruit, tea & coffee and a stocked pantry
- Access to funded fitness events and health checks.
- Regular social and sporting activities, including charity fundraising.