Director, Government Affairs and Public Policy – UK
Be part of something amazing; come join the BlackBerry Government Affairs and Public Policy Team!
BlackBerry® – the iconic brand you know and trust – is now a market leading security software and services company. As the Internet of Things has become the next great wave in business transformation, BlackBerry already secures over 500M endpoints, including 150M cars on the road. We are leading the way with a single platform for securing, managing and optimizing how intelligent endpoints are deployed in the enterprise, enabling our customers to stay ahead of the technology curve. Blackberry customers include all 7 of the G7 governments, 9 of the top 10 global financial services brands, 9 of the 10 largest automotive OEMs, 8 of the 10 largest aerospace and defense companies, 8 of the 10 largest healthcare companies, and all 5 of the largest media companies. Our mission is “Intelligent Security. Everywhere.”
Are you the amazing person we are looking for?
The Director of Government Affairs and Public Policy will be the company’s leading government-facing advocate in the UK. This person will be responsible for Blackberry’s government relations, regulatory affairs and public policy advocacy in the UK. The position requires significant expertise with UK government entities, political affairs, public policy, and industry affairs. Cyber-security policy expertise required; experience in/with technology sector preferred. The role will be based in London, and report to BlackBerry’s Chief Government Affairs and Public Policy Officer.
In return for your talent and enthusiasm, we will provide you with an attractive compensation, commission and benefits package. You will also have the opportunity to thrive in a dynamic environment, working alongside outstanding colleagues. In short, you bring the talent and we provide the environment, tools and resources for you to succeed, win big and accelerate your professional growth and development.
- This position is the company’s leading government-facing advocate in the UK.
- Senior trusted advisor to BlackBerry’s Chief Government Affairs and Public Policy Officer.
- Develops and advocates legislative, regulatory and public policy positions for the company.
- Represents BlackBerry’s UK corporate presence in London and other cities.
- Identifies and creates legislative and regulatory opportunities to advance corporate priorities.
- Responsible for successful government relationships and public policy influencing across the UK, including the Prime Minister’s Office, Cabinet, Parliament, Ministerial Departments (e.g., BEIS, HO, MOD), GCHQ-NCSC and other organizations important to BlackBerry’s business.
- Responsible for leading BlackBerry’s engagements with UK trade associations.
- Partners with business units to ensure UK policy agenda aligns to corporate priorities.
- Actively directs and manages UK political consultants.
You will have:
- 10-15 years of UK government relations, regulatory affairs and public policy experience.
- Law degree preferred. Master’s Degree in Political Science, Government, UK or International Law.
- Expertise in Cyber security and Privacy public policy required, with proven leadership on a significant legislative or regulatory measure, such as the NIS Regulations and Data Protection Act.
- Expertise in public policy regarding UK public procurement a very strong plus.
- Expertise in public policy regarding AI, IoT, Automotive Safety and Security a strong plus.
- Fluent in English.
- Proven government relations expertise with the Prime Minister’s Office, Cabinet, Parliament, Ministerial Departments (e.g., BEIS, HO, MOD), GCHQ-NCSC and other organizations.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with policymakers and industry stakeholders.
- Excellent business acumen, influencing and negotiation skills.
- Superb communication skills (verbal/written/presentation). Proven expertise in drafting legislation and regulation, as well as responses to government consultations.
- Proactive, strategic thinker, strong work ethic, sound judgement, diplomacy and ethics.
- Solution-oriented, flexible and collaborative. Self-prioritizes and multi-tasks seamlessly.
- Results-driven senior professional who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to travel.
Interested in hearing more? Then we would love to hear from you. Please apply by clicking the apply button at the bottom of this page.
An Absolute Commitment to Equality
It is the policy of BlackBerry to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship, status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veteran/Disabled
BlackBerry strives to create an accessible and inclusive application and selection process and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to job applicants who may require provisions to participate in the selection process. Should you require an accommodation, please contact email@example.com to discuss your needs.
Job Family Group Name:Legal
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40