During life's big moments - from buying a home or car, to sending a child to college, to growing a business exponentially by connecting it with new customers - we empower consumers and our clients to manage their data with confidence so they can maximize every opportunity.
We gather, analyse and process data in ways others can't. We help individuals take financial control and access financial services, businesses make smarter decision and thrive, lenders lend more responsibly, and organizations prevent identity fraud and crime.
For more than 125 years, we've helped consumers and clients prosper, and economies and communities flourish - and we're not done.
Our 17,000 people in 37 countries believe the possibilities for you, and our world, are growing. We're investing in new technologies, talented people and innovation so we can help create a better tomorrow.
In Decision Analytics we unlock meaning within data to help clients solve problems and drive better decisions and outcomes; Is this customer who they claim to be? Can this person afford the loan they're asking for? Does this person qualify for a service we provide?
Organisations need to answer these sorts of questions hundreds, thousands, even millions of times a day. As well as answering them accurately and consistently, they need to answer them quickly because that's what their customers expect.
We help our clients do this - minimising the risk to their organisation while delivering the type of customer experience that people expect. We help them to lend effectively, to detect and minimise fraud and to comply with legal requirements. We help them identify new opportunities including more efficient ways to run their business and better ways to cross-sell their products.
We do this by combining our own data with data from our clients and third parties. We then use advanced technologies to organise and analyse this data, turning it into useful, meaningful information which our customers can act on. Our clients can make lending decisions on hundreds of millions of credit applications every year and can also avoid fraud by checking that applicants are who they say they are.
Background and Job Responsibilities
Decision Analytics (DA) is a fast-growing business line, which in FY19 generated $728 million in annual revenue and contributed 15% towards overall Experian group revenue.
Decision Analytics is core to Experian's strategic plans and a critical element of its growth ambitions now and in the future. There is strategic ambition to grow the DA business to generate $1.9b in revenue annually - by 2024. This ambition is forecast to be realised through a combination of organic / selective inorganic, product line growth as well as productivity and structural growth opportunities.
Decision Analytics comprises three main product lines: Decisioning Software, Identity & Fraud, and Analytics and AI. This business line competes globally and occupies a market leading position in our main regions across a multitude of industry verticals - notably in financial services, telecommunications, utilities and public sector. Competitors include FICO, CRIF, Equifax, TransUnion, IBM, Pega, SAS and many smaller, niche providers.
This new technology leadership role is a visible and critical one, with high leadership exposure. The individual will be accountable for defining, owning and driving the Decision Analytics' digital customer self-service and digital transformation strategies which will require influencing critical central and regional leadership teams. As such we are looking for an experienced, inspirational technology leader who can realise our ambitions and evolve the business to drive additional growth across our product lines and markets
Context & Focus:
The current Marketing & Strategy team has had a significant impact on the growth of the Global Decision Analytics business.
Looking ahead, Experian is making significant investments to accelerate innovation, transform customer experience and drive scale across the world - with emphasis on pivoting the business towards SaaS offerings and API-based software, data and analytics capabilities. A critical enabler is going to be Experian's ability to engage with its clients digitally. Our B2B clients need to submit requests, changes, report incidents, etc. but also want to be informed about the details of our data, platforms and products, be notified of upcoming changes or understand our roadmap, etc. The more we can share in user-friendly self-service, the better we can satisfy their needs rapidly and at scale, and drive client satisfaction.
As a result, we require a technology/architecture leader who can initiate, lead and scale our customer self-service agenda globally and the underlying digital transformation of our processes and stack.
• Initiate and lead the architecture of Experian's self-service portal
• Drive our digital self-service technology strategy, roadmap and execution
• Make the case for investment (front-end, back-end, teams) and drive change
Candidate Profile - Skills, Attributes & Knowledge:
• Leadership skills
• Experience of leading a team of architects (direct reports or matrix, inhouse or agency or vendor)
• Proven experience in B2B authenticated portals, ideally customer self-service and digital product management
• Significant experience building, integrating and scaling enterprise Web CMS platforms (e.g. Wordpress, Adobe AEM, Drupal)
• Experience of drafting and approving technical statements of work
• Experience of foundational architecture including integration and data architecture to drive web experiences, and integration with leading enterprise support and ERP systems (e.g. ServiceNow, Salesforce)
• Knowledge of modern front-end web technologies (e.g. React JS)
• Experienced in infrastructure setup and management, cloud infrastructure, CMS, SDLC, web operations, Adobe suite
• Clear thinker and excellent communicator both written and verbal able to create internal awareness around customer self-service and digital transformation, coupled with ability to roll up sleeves
• Ability to synthesise information into clear plans (intellectual horsepower to assess operational issues and synthesise information at speed)
• Ability to effectively challenge views and build consensus
• Self-motivated, organised, disciplined and structured
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
It is the policy of Experian to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. All employment practices such as recruitment, selection, promotions, and other terms and conditions of employment are administered in a manner designed to ensure that employees and applicants for employment are not subjected to discrimination on the basis of race, colour, national origin, ancestry, religion, citizenship, age, gender, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, protected veterans, or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.