Do you want to support biopharma drug development or commercialization strategy? Are you a highly motivated professional looking to leverage your experience into a valuable career? Prescient is looking for seasoned consultants or engagement managers to join us as a Director for our growing Advisory business in London. Do you have experience in and a passion for:
- Leading and growing client accounts?
- Supporting highly complex biosimilars, oncology or immunology projects?
- Delivering solutions based on your knowledge of the evolving UK/EU biopharma market and trends?
- Mentoring and developing account teams by using your core consultancy skills?
If so, consider turning your expertise into a valuable career at Prescient.
About Prescient Advisory
Prescient Advisory, a Prescient Healthcare Group business, is a specialist advisory firm focused on helping biopharmaceutical clients create clinical and commercial strategies that deliver differentiated and valuable brands. Our experts with PhDs, MDs and MBAs combine deep therapeutic and functional expertise with a passion for helping develop, launch and market medicines that expand treatment options, optimize patient outcomes and deliver high levels of return.
About the Opportunity
As a Director, your time will be divided as follows:
- 40% client business development (mixture of existing and new clients)
- 40% project delivery
- 20% leading Advisory business growth and team-development activities
You will be part of a fast-growing PE-backed business that allows high-performing employees to make an impact and be part of our leadership team. You will have the chance to channel your advanced degree into strategizing the development and commercialization of portfolios, assets and brands by integrating therapeutic, clinical and commercial expertise to ensure that clients are able to make confident decisions.
You will join a start-up team with an established client base and play an important role in developing and implementing its growth strategy. You will be responsible for executing successful advisory engagements across our clients’ product and company life cycles, and for growing revenue within both new and existing accounts. As your clients will mainly be in the EU, the Director position requires a thorough understanding of the evolving EU biopharma market and trends. Many projects will also involve global client stakeholders; therefore, knowledge of drug development and commercialization in other markets is also desirable.
- Reporting: You will report to the Global Head of our Advisory business
- Time Allocation: 75% of your time will be spent in office, with 25% in domestic or international travel (for client meetings, conferences and inter-office visits)
- Project Directing: Collaborate with clients to ensure that projects are designed to answer strategic business questions and executed with a high degree of client satisfaction
- Account Management: Actively participate in devising overall strategic client account plans, developing the account team, strengthening existing relationships and expanding Prescient’s reach within the client organization while building the Prescient brand
- Business Development: Seek out new business within existing accounts and pursue opportunities with new brands
- Project Management: Ensure three-dimensional management of client engagements, including design, planning, client and people management, evidence collection, analysis and reporting
- Client Management: Collaborate with other members of the project and account teams to ensure clients experience best-in-class customer service
- Subject Matter Expertise: Act as a valued subject matter expert externally, and mentor junior staff internally
- Thought Leadership: Collaborate with the marketing team to develop and publish thought leadership content that has a meaningful impact on Prescient’s brand and business development activities
- Line Management: Mentor the members of the Advisory team by identifying their strengths and opportunities and supporting their development; ensure sustained focus on delivering concise insights that can create impact and be of value to our clients
Required Experience and Skills
- One or more of the following degrees: PhD in life sciences; MD; MS/MBA combination; MBA
- More than 10 years of professional experience, of which at least 6 years are in consulting
- Excellent business development skills to cultivate and grow existing client relationships; strong account management skills; exceptional framing and solution-forming skills
- Extensive experience leading and developing consulting account teams
- Confident communication skills to interact with clients on a peer-to-peer basis and provide subject matter expertise