Direct Category Manager
£38,000 to £42,000 doe + pension + holidays
Our chosen business partner is a leading provider of sustainable and efficient heating solutions across a range of domestic and commercial brands. They have over 100 years of experience, priding themselves on key values and strive for earning lifetime loyalty with their customers.
This site creates bespoke designs to meet the clients’ requirements and programmes. They source plant equipment and fabricate modular solutions using an in-house fabrication facility.
- Represent the Procurement function on NPD Projects where required,
- Develop and maintain effective communication links with Group Procurement and other UK Procurement colleagues to ensure the sharing of best practice for the benefit of the business,
- Establish strong working relationships with all cross functional stakeholders – specifically R&D, Quality, Product Management, Finance and Operations,
- Develop documented individual category / supplier strategic plans to include cost analysis, alternative supplier / supply solutions, supplier development plan, risk analysis, supplier sustainability etc,
- Manage negotiations with all Category suppliers to ensure key financial targets are achieved,
- Implementation of local supply contracts for all key suppliers,
- Support key supply chain improvements to support Lean principles in the most total cost efficient manner,
- Support the Logistics team in resolving all potential issues to production continuity.
- A proven record in delivering change and innovative improvements within Supplier Relationship Management achieving demonstrable improvements in quality, reliability and cost management / improvement.
- Experience of working with a global supply base within a challenging Group driven matrix management structure would be desirable.
- Demonstrated experience in a Category Management Procurement role in a high volume manufacturing environment across a number of different key areas of supply.
+ pension + holidays + bonus