Worker Sub-Type:Student (Fixed Term)
Enterprise Technical Support Analyst
(Digital Support Technician Apprenticeship – Level 3)
Be part of something special; come join the BlackBerry Technical Support Team!
BlackBerry® – the iconic brand you know and trust – is now a market leading security software and services company. As the Internet of Things (IoT) has become the next great wave in business transformation, BlackBerry already secures over 500 million endpoints. We are leading the way with a single platform for securing, managing and optimizing how intelligent endpoints are deployed in the enterprise, enabling our customers to stay ahead of the technology curve. BlackBerry’s top customers include all the G7 governments, 9 of the top 10 global financial institutions, automotive OEMs, aerospace, defense, healthcare and media companies. Our mission is “Intelligent Security. Everywhere.”
The time is right, and the market conditions could not be better for us. We’re posting record-breaking software and services revenue growth. Three years of positive operating income and an enterprise cyber security software and services business that’s growing at double digit rates, delivering $955 million of total company revenue in FY20. This profitable growth is a confirmation that we have successfully pivoted to become an enterprise software and services company.
We’re no longer about the smartphone, but the smart in the phone…and in cars and containers, medical devices and wearables, consumer appliances, industrial machinery, and ultimately the entire Internet of Things (IoT). We have made great strides in executing our business strategy. With such growth and opportunity, you couldn’t consider join us at a more exciting time.
Are you the person we’re looking for?
Joining the BlackBerry Apprenticeship Program, you’ll have the opportunity to join a world class Enterprise Support team, who work directly with customers to resolve critical technical issues. With time spent at college, and the remainder of your time spent in our EMEA HQ in Maidenhead, you’ll take part in extensive technical and product training alongside mentorship and support from experienced team members. With the combination of your academic work and BlackBerry training and mentoring, you’ll be able to use your technical and customer support skills to contribute to the resolution of live cases and support our valued customers, as a fully trained professional member of the team.
In return for your talent and enthusiasm we will provide you with professional tools and training with fantastic opportunities for development, and the chance to thrive in a dynamic environment, working alongside outstanding colleagues. In short, you bring the talent and we provide the environment, tools and resources for you to build your skillset and accelerate your growth & personal development.
On the successful completion of your apprenticeship you will receive the Level 3 Digital Service Technician qualification, and your apprenticeship will last between 18-24 months, dependent on length of time taken to complete assessments.
In this role, you will:
BlackBerry office based:
- Participate in technical training at BlackBerry, with a focus on BlackBerry, Endpoint Security products, Networks and Windows Server.
- Develop soft skills through shadowing existing team members and coaching & mentoring.
Classroom based Training:
- Spend time onsite at a designated training Centre studying the modules relevant to the Level 3 Digital Service Technician Qualification and your work at BlackBerry.
Using your combination of both experiences, you will then:
- Progress from initially working with customers through email to handling live customer calls, taking ownership of cases end to end and bringing resolution to customer issues.
- Troubleshooting of BlackBerry Unified Endpoint Management & Unified Endpoint Security, BlackBerry Protect, BlackBerry Persona, BlackBerry Optics, Linux, iOS®, Android™, Windows, Mac OS®.
- Identify and document potential software defects
- Prepare escalations to Software Development, managing escalations that are waiting on Software Development to ensure traction and movement is occurring
- Participate in beta tests of new BlackBerry software, early testing of new product offerings, version releases and service packs
You will have:
- A strong interest in IT and enterprise solutions
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both oral and written
- Strong attention to detail
- Enthusiasm to learn and the ability to pick up new concepts quickly
- The ability to multitask in a fast paced and dynamic environment
Interested in hearing more? Then we would love to hear from you. Please apply by clicking the apply button at the bottom of this page.
An Absolute Commitment to Equality
It is the policy of BlackBerry to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship, status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veteran/Disabled
BlackBerry strives to create an accessible and inclusive application and selection process and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to job applicants who may require provisions to participate in the selection process. Should you require an accommodation, please contact email@example.com to discuss your needs.
Job Family Group Name:Business Administration & Operations
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40