Juice Worldwide, a leader in premium film and television distribution services, is seeking an experienced media professional to run the Digital Media Services Group in our London office. This is a unique opportunity to join a solid and engaged team, participate in leadership of the company, and have significant impact on the business.
You bring 10+ years of successful experience as a leader in a midsize and/or large media organization with a demonstrated track record of creating strong teams, supporting great products and building a great culture. You are articulate, organized, entrepreneurial and business-focused.
You will have an eye for great talent, plus a strong understanding of technology trends, including best-practices in process development and tool implementation to support digital workflows for major studio, television and OTT companies.
The Digital Media Services team is the team within Juice responsible for global distribution of feature and episodic content across digital retailers, broadcast partners and internal teams in other territories. Reporting to CEO and serving as a key member of the Juice senior leadership group, the Digital Media Sales Manager will develop and lead the team and oversee the highest quality servicing efforts of content and localization which support the expansion of Juice initiatives into international territories. He or she will engage with other departmental leaders throughout the company to ensure communication, efficiencies and identify opportunities between all entities as part of a global operational organization. As a member of the JUICE Leadership Team, you help assure the alignment of technology, resources, strategy and execution to drive the growth goal for the Juice business.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple projects coming from various companies
- Ability to influence and partner with internal and external teams to deliver tactical and strategic solutions
- Able to work through conflicts to negotiate win/win solutions and project a positive image of the organization
- Work cross-functionally with other teams (e.g. marketing, finance, sales) to support and manage relationships with existing partners
- Exhibit superior verbal and written communication skill and comfortable in the preparation and delivery of internal presentations to Executive management
- Create financial models and analyses to project the revenue and cost structure of potential deals
- Provide ongoing value to the content acquisition team (research content trends, discover and innovate, recommend new partners, analyze deals, etc.)
- Anticipate and respond to client requirements in a pro-active, timely, cooperative and thorough manner
- Prepare strategy documents, quarterly company updates, and presentations for Executive management on the status of the UK Operations and the overall media landscape
- Work with engineering and technology teams to communicate operational needs and seek input, advice and support
- Able to gain consensus among several stakeholders across a large organization
- Possess excellent analytical skills and strong focus on business results and operational efficiency
- Able to honestly assess organization’s strengths and weaknesses on a regular basis, and develop strategies accordingly
- S. or B.A. from 4-year College (Field of Study: Film Production preferred), MBA or Post Graduate certification preferred.
- 10+ years’ experience in a professional capacity in related areas of expertise (e.g., post production or studio facility / media company technical operations with deep knowledge of digital media tools, techniques and services within the media and entertainment industry).
- Experience in managing technical staff, facilities and digital operations with deep knowledge and experience in best practices for delivery of file-based workflows and services.
- Deep subject matter expertise in EST/VOD/Digital distribution specifications, file and packaging formats, workflows, deliverables and quality metrics.
- Up-to-date technical knowledge in digital media tools and technologies.
- Understanding of physical and digital security requirements for digital operations.
- Experience using metrics to measure performance and identify areas for operational improvement (experience with six sigma, ISO 9001, or other process monitoring and improvement methodology a plus)
- Experience balancing customer needs with business strategy and fiscal responsibility.
- Experience in communicating, building and creating a culture of pro-active, effective content security within the operations staff and facility.