NowSkills is proud to be the leading provider of digital apprenticeships in the North West. We’ve been delivering digital apprenticeships since 2013, and our mission is to deliver the best digital apprenticeships to the apprentices and employers that we work with. To that aim, we are always on the lookout for talented individuals, from all and any background, to join our ever-growing team.
Our tutor roles are ideal for individuals who may be in current roles as Skills Coaches, Mentors, Learning & Development Officers, Assessors, Trainers, Teachers or Lecturers.
We also have Trainee Tutor roles, which are ideal if you’re looking to bring your industry experience into the apprenticeships arena.
About the Role
The candidate will be required to successfully deliver digital apprenticeships programmes for Digital Marketer Level 3 apprentices (and related). All activities should continually meet the needs of employers and apprentices. This is to be in line with NowSkills policies & procedures and requirements of Awarding Organisation, Ofsted, Education & Skills Funding Agency, and any other relevant bodies.
The candidate must be able to demonstrate up-to-date technical competence and knowledge & understanding to be considered for the role, of:
- Analysing and contributing information on the digital environment to inform short- and long-term digital communications strategies and campaigns
- Recommends and applies effective, secure and appropriate solutions using a wide variety of digital technologies and tools over a range of platforms and user interfaces to achieve marketing
- Responding efficiently to enquiries using online and social media platforms.
- Building and implementing digital campaigns across a variety of digital media platforms
- Using digital tools effectively
- Measuring and evaluating the success of digital marketing activities
- Understanding of the principles of coding
- Understanding and responding to the business environment and business issues related to digital marketing and customer needs
- Understanding and following the required security levels necessary to protect data across digital and social media platforms
- Deliver high quality training, coaching and assessment to apprentices.
- Inspire, motivate and raise apprentices’ aspirations through their passion for the sector.
- Deliver inductions to new apprentices inclusive of initial assessments, CEIAG and H&S risk assessments on site.
- Conduct regular face-to-face sessions and progress reviews with apprentices and their employers, complemented by eLearning.
- Provide opportunities for apprentices to develop their English, maths and digital skills and knowledge.
- Embed Equality & Diversity, Health & Safety, Safeguarding and Fundamental British Values into training content.
- Adhere to all NowSkills policies & procedures, Education & Skills Funding Agency, Ofsted and Awarding Body requirements.
- Report to the Operations Director to achieve agreed volumes of timely apprentice achievements in line with the business strategy and plans.
- To undertake additional projects and activities to meet the needs of the apprentices, employers and NowSkills.
- Share best practice amongst the Operations Team and attend all internal meetings/training as required.
- Maintaining continued professional development (CPD) and keeping up to date with all industry developments and practices.
Experience and Qualifications
- Industry experience in roles similar to Digital Marketer
- Related qualifications pertaining to the roles of Digital Marketer (such as, but not limited to: Google Analytics IQ; CIM Level 4 Award in Digital Marketing; CIW Data Analytics/Social Media/Internet Business Associate/Site Development Associate; Dot Native; Google Squared; MTA HTML 5)
- A keen interest in education and a passion to train, assess and coach apprentices in their digital careers
- Recognised teaching/training qualification would be desirable, but not essential
- Proven record of working to at least Ofsted Grade 2 standards
- Experience of working with 16-18-year olds would be advantageous
- Working knowledge of Ofsted, ESFA and Awarding Organisation requirements
- Must have excellent administrative skills with the ability to prioritise workloads, work methodically, accurately and effectively under pressure while maintaining a positive attitude
- Resilience and adaptability when dealing with challenge or change, or support apprentice to overcome barriers to career and personal development
- Full driving licence and own transport is essential
- Excellent English, maths and digital skills
Why Join NowSkills?
As well as the core aim to be the best digital apprenticeships provider, these are some of the things that we can offer you (dependent on job role):
- A very competitive salary package + expenses
- Generous leave entitlement + bank holidays
- Management of your own diary & workload; working from home when needed with a flexible office attendance policy – we won’t make you come into the office for the sake of doing so
- Autonomy in your role; with the opportunity to input and provide creative ideas and solutions to our apprenticeship programmes
- A mixed role with visits to apprentices & employers, as well as group delivery in one of our training centres
- A close working relationship with our sales team; we understand some of the gripes with apprentices not matching up with their job roles/organisations
- Continuous professional development (CPD) opportunities
- Pension scheme
- 2x paid volunteering days per year
- A maximum working caseload of 40x apprentices; all based in the North West, surrounding the training centres in Manchester & Liverpool
- The usual laptop, mobile and equipment to carry out your role
- Team activities: so far we’ve raced go-karts; got fired-up at Laser Quests; and taken on the Crystal Maze; and many others!
- Local and national discounts on high street and online brands, and many more rewards and benefits
There will be a requirement to undergo an enhanced DBS check to undertake this role, and to provide at least two suitable references upon request.
NowSkills is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.