A family-run company, Collectables is the North East's leading gift and home accessory retailer with 9 stores across the North-east as well as serving the UK online, we are the go to experts when it comes to finding the right home fragrance and gorgeous gift idea.
Originally focusing on the gift and candle market, we went from strength to strength and now carry an impressive portfolio of brands from all over the world, each with their own distinct style and personality.
Some of our big name brands include:
- Yankee Candle
- Village Candle
- Baylis & Harding
- Di Palomo
- Bomb Cosmetics
- Joma Jewellery
- Willow Tree
- Edge Sculpture
Main role / responsibilities:
- The apprentice will work with the SEO team but will also gain a broad understanding and experience of other digital marketing techniques such as PPC and Social Media marketing
- The apprentice will gain insights into the development of new brands and will be given the responsibility to complete tasks related to SEO and content writing
- If the candidate would like to go down a more visual/creative route, then there is also the opportunity for them to get involved with the Branding and Design side
Desired skills and qualities:
- Interest or experience in any of the following – Digital Marketing/English/Journalism/Design disciplines
- High proficiency in written English
- Technically minded (although no specific knowledge of coding is required)
- Basic awareness of SEO (however no previous experience is required)
- Ability to work both individually and contribute ideas to the group during discussion
- Strong work ethic and self-starter mentality
- A completer finisher
- Creative (any experience in any of the following is desirable but not required: Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, any freehand digital art software, HTML5 animations, HTML programming)
- An interest in gaming
Desired qualification requirements:
3x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.