Job Title: Digital Development Officer
Location: Kendal, Cumbria
Salary: £23,111 to £25,463 per annum
Job Type: Full Time (37 hours per week), Fixed Term (18 months), Flexi-time Scheme
Closing date: Monday 11th March 2019
Interviews will be held on: Friday 22nd March 2019
The Council is looking to recruit an experienced Digital Development Officer to join their Shared ICT Service.
As part of a newly formed team, the Digital Development Officers will be multi-skilled officers able to work flexibly across the service to meet demand and service priorities. They will be capable of configuring, implementing and supporting business areas during the roll-out of new technology solutions, as directed by the Digital Development Lead.
- Responsible investigation of faults within their functional area using appropriate diagnostic tools and techniques and seek guidance on their resolution as necessary
- Contribute in their functional area, to prioritising and promptly diagnosing incidents and problems in accordance with agreed procedures, escalating if unresolved or requiring specialist or managerial direction
- Contribute to the delivery of an annual work programme for their functional area
- Manage and monitor progress and performance against the annual work programme
- Operate within change control procedures in their functional area
- Contribute to producing high quality information to support system design and the user experience, taking into account the required standards, methods and tools within their functional area
- Work flexibly across the service to meet demand and service priorities
- Manage and provide project management support to a range of ICT and ICT-related projects, as required
- Provide service desk support and infrastructure support as required
- Liaise with services to innovate in their use of technology
- Contributes to work across both councils to make services 'digital by design'
- Contributes to the development and on-going reporting against performance metrics in their functional area
- Contributes to ensuring all ICT and ICT related programmes and projects are effectively managed and documented in line with professional methodology standards
- Contribute and provide guidance on the application and operation of physical, procedural and technical security controls in their functional area
The successful candidate will be/have:
- Experience of supporting or managing projects following the Prince 2 methodology
- Good knowledge of general ICT professional service practice
- Excellent knowledge of ICT support service practice and dealing with internal customers
- Strong commitment to team working and proven ability to work well as part of a team
- High degree of ICT Literacy, with a determination and ability to apply ICT solutions to the improvement of business processes
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships both internal and external to the Council, including the customers of the services
- Ability to work under pressure with a high degree of initiative and independence
- Ability to provide training support to the roll out of systems
- Willingness to work flexibly across the department when service demands require change
The Council will be the employing authority, with travel between the two locations in Kendal and Penrith as required.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of Digital Learning Officer, Digital Development Officer, Digital Learning Developer, Head of Digital Learning and Computer Science, Digital Training Executive, Digital Development Coach, Digital Training Consultant, Digital development Consultant, Software Engineer, Software, Developer, Digital learning Consultant may also be considered for this role.
£23,111.00 - £25,463.00 per year