Here at The Guardian, we believe the open exchange of information, ideas and opinions has the power to change the world for the better.
More people than ever before are reading, watching and listening to Guardian journalism from across the world. Over the past year The Guardian achieved record digital traffic with our highest number of regular readers and monthly page views averaging over 1.1 billion.
In 2019 we hit our highest revenues in a decade and achieved the goal we set three years earlier to break even. We’re now on a path to achieve the goal we announced last month of two million people supporting The Guardian by 2022.&;
That’s where you come in. We are recruiting a Digital Designer on a 12 month fixed term contract to be responsible for high end rich media advertising projects for Guardian Labs.&;
About the role
- To deliver rich media advertising and design solutions across all digital platforms.
- To conceptualise and propose work for pitches.
- To generate creative, innovative and engaging branded design to brief.
- Creating scamps and mock ups for advertising creative.
- Ensuring guidelines for branded design are interpreted and applied in an appropriate way and that basic GNM design standards are suitably respected and maintained.
- Comfortable working in a fast paced digital environment
- Knowledge of social media and ability to create visually inspiring assets suitable for each platform
- Graduate calibre – preferably HND, BA degree or other professional qualification in Design / Graphic Design.
- Excellent InDesign, Photoshop
- Experience of using editorial production systems (Octopus editorial system skills are desirable).
- Excellent video editing skills using Premiere Pro&;
- Working knowledge of HTML5 and CSS
- Experience in the publishing, design or marketing industry.
- Ability to interpret complex storytelling in a digital medium.
- Excellent eye for detail.
- Excellent eye for outstanding photography and illustration.
- Excellent ideas generation.
- Thorough understanding of photography, typography and print techniques.&;&; &;&;&; &;&;&; &;
And lastly, if you share in the Guardian’s mission and values, you’ll be well placed to help us succeed.
Does this all sound like you? Then we’d love to hear from you.
&;This role will be appointed on a 12 month fixed term contract.&;
The closing date for applications is Monday 30th November 2020.
How to apply
To apply, please upload your latest CV and a cover letter which outlines why you’d love to take on this role, and why you’re a great match for we’re looking for.
We value and respect all differences in all people (seen and unseen) at the Guardian. We aspire to inclusive working experiences and an environment that reflects the audience we serve, where our people have equal access to career development opportunities, their voices are heard and can contribute to our future. The Guardian actively encourages applications from BAME candidates.
At The Guardian, many of our staff work flexibly and we will consider all requests for flexible working arrangements.&;