Digital Communications Executive
Job Location: UK, Brighton
Digital Communications Executive role value proposition:
As part of MetLife’s Marketing team in the UK, and a member of the EMEA marketing community, the Digital Communications Executive will belong to a small team that has the support of a Global Brand and Marketing team behind it. The Digital Communications Executive will work in a team that collaborates across functions within the UK and connects with marketers across MetLife to deliver marketing and communications that drive achievement of the UK’s business goals whilst ensuring brand integrity and continuous improvements in marketing and sales effectiveness.
The Digital Communications Executive will create and deliver marketing and communications content that achieves measurable results across multiple channels including web, email, social media and sales enablement tools. Reporting will form a key part of the Digital Communications Executive role, with links to salesforce.com and regular analysis to inform executive level decision making.
The role holder of the newly created Digital Communications Executive post will build relationships across the EMEA marketing community, leveraging content and best practices from other EMEA markets as appropriate to enable optimum productivity in the UK marketing team.
The successful candidate will also be a key enabler in delivering some internal communications, both within the UK and to promote the UK through internal channels including Yammer and other digital delivery vehicles.
The Digital Communications Executive key responsibilities:
- Create and deliver digital marketing content to execute the UK’s overall marketing plans and communications strategies
- Manage all company digital channels including the metlife.co.uk website and any company social media channels, including ensuring up to date execution of governance principles and practice by website content owners
- Responsible for SEO and any SEM activities
- Create and execute the company social media content calendar, linking to internal communications calendar as required
- Reporting and feedback: key web performance data, email marketing campaigns, paid, owned and earned activity and marketing funnel performance; reporting on press coverage and social media on a monthly basis to the executive committee
- Act as steward for the company PR programme, editing press releases and ensuring compliant sign off prior to publication
- Write articles, blogs and associated content including speaker presentations and awards entries
- Create and grow trusted cross-functional relationships: collaborate with marketing stakeholders and technical experts (e.g. IT, digital marketing team) to ensure full use is being made of the marketing technology stack
- Work closely with Service and Operations colleagues to ensure that any operational improvements and projects have marketing input and guidance to ensure integrated customer experiences
- Work with the UK Marketing Director and support the Marketing and Communications Manager (UK) with internal comms relating to marketing and business updates as required
- Manage relationships with digital analytics vendors such as Google, Adobe and Dotmailer
Digital Communications Executive essential business experience and skills:
- 2-3+ years of experience in a similar role, including evidence of reporting functionality and stakeholder feedback loops
- Knowledge of campaign strategy and how social media can be integrated into the communications mix
- An active user and advocate of social media with experience in developing and managing social media channels
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good degree or relevant alternative
- Adept in using digital marketing tools and techniques such as Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, salesforce.com campaigns
- Knowledge of tag management platforms and processes
- Knowledge of marketing principles, fundamental finance & budgeting concepts
- Marketing qualification (CIM Digital Diploma or similar)
- Experience of insurance/ financial services
- Experience with measurement of marketing performance
- Experience leveraging data visualization platforms (e.g. Qlik Sense) to enable optimum reporting and liaison with UK and other M.I. teams
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
Commitment from the Top
“MetLife’s commitment to diversity and inclusion plays an essential role in helping us create opportunities for employees, meet customers’ needs and expectations, deliver value to shareholders, and make a positive impact on society.” Michel Khalaf, President and CEO
MetLife is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of MetLife to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination on any basis protected by law.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 111573
MetLife UK are proud of our interests outside of our core business. Here's a few that might interest you too.