Who are we?
From our offices in the heart of York, we’re a young and energetic company that works with a wide range of clients, spanning across 40+ countries. We work with household name brands, government agencies and high-potential startups to help lead and deliver complex digital projects and programmes; cutting through the complexities of digital transformation by unearthing the right problems to fix, exploring the right solutions and following the right approach to product development. Each of our clients and their projects come with a new set of requirements and problems to solve.
Please note, due to the current Covid-19 situation, our team are now working remotely and expect to be for some time. As you will not need to commute to the office, we are opening the role up to applicants outside of the York area.
Our ambitious growth plan has created a space for another Digital Account Manager to join our team, whose responsibility will be to coordinate the end-to-end digital project lifecycle - from discovery and requirements gathering, managing scope, producing project plans, and delivering training to clients; to managing budgets, reporting on account budgets, quality control and coordinating studio resource.
The pace is fast and our team are passionate about what they do. We are looking for a candidate who is enthusiastic, proactive, personable, organised, technically savvy and commercially minded, to oversee and nurture the relationships with some of our most exciting and well recognised accounts.
You will be working to ensure that your portfolio of account customers are kept happy and are always being served to the standard we and they expect, whilst identifying new opportunities for them and being proactive in your efforts to both maintain and increase their monthly spend. With a variety of different work across a range of industry verticals, you must be confident in your ability to quickly grasp the goals of different organisations and be able to proactively identify further opportunities within their industry and their business.
This is a great opportunity for both personal and career development and would suit candidates who are commercially incentivised, with commission and bonus packages also available. We need someone who thinks they have what it takes and would welcome the opportunity to be able to learn from and to also share knowledge with a range of talented, highly skilled and an internationally diverse team of colleagues. All of this while embarking on an exciting journey with one of the North of England’s fastest-growing digital agencies.
You will lead on a portfolio of some of our most critical and high-potential accounts and be responsible for the delivery of the client’s goals from our team, working alongside our business analysts, designers, developers, project managers, campaign delivery teams, data scientists, clients and client agencies. You will be pivotal to helping our clients exceed their business objectives, through the use of data analysis, customer intelligence, multi-channel best practice, expertise and innovation.
- Manage a portfolio of the most strategic clients, taking responsibility for growing revenue and drive business growth through existing clients
- Capture and translate both user and client needs into deliverables and defining the minimum viable product and to confidently make decisions about priorities
- Working with the strategy team and project leads to provide the utmost level of client service and maximising revenue opportunities using a range of product management principles and approaches
- Be responsible and accountable for the success of our projects in delivering our clients’ goals, on delivery and ongoing
- Unlocking relationships within our clients’ businesses
- Forecast, measure and report on revenues and margin for your accounts
- Overcome objections and blockers to account growth
- Liaising with senior client stakeholders on a day-to-day basis, building long-lasting relationships
- Ensuring the client projects that you are responsible for are completed to a specific schedule and within an agreed budget
- Using your skills to advise clients and push clients creatively and strategically
- Developing a proactive account plan for your accounts in order to meet targets
- To motivate and support the delivery teams in delivering an outstanding service in order to retain and grow all accounts, taking responsibility for the quality of work throughout
- Be up to date with and have a view on the current and future trends within your client’s industry to be able to successfully offer valuable solutions
- Any other ad-hoc responsibilities that may reasonably be required
The ideal candidate will have a history in delivering digital solutions as an Account Manager, Project Manager or Developer within an agency. Our clients demand high standards and therefore our team is built on experienced professionals. We require you to have the following to be considered for this role:
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a digital agency, managing and expanding client accounts. Whilst agency or consultancy background preferred, relevant client-side experience will also be considered
- Significant experience in professional client relationship management with senior stakeholders in large corporate and global organisations, as well as high potential start-ups and SMEs
- A proven background in digital-led consulting, with a good knowledge around digital marketing, and/or data science and analytics
- Demonstrable experience in meeting or exceeding revenue targets and growing existing account to profitability
- Strong experience of managing and working alongside colleagues across multi- disciplinary teams
- You can write user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Experience of writing proposals, RFPs and being involved in pitches
- Be confident, likeable, and be relentless in effort and proactivity
- Have the ability to collaborate with colleagues and quickly build trust
- The ability to plan and be confident communicating at a senior level
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills
- Enjoy technology, and be able to grasp new technologies quickly with direction
- The ability to form strong and lasting stakeholder relationships
- A persuasive and confident approach to creative projects
- A good understanding of development processes and techniques
- A keen attention to detail and budgetary restraints
- Commercially minded, ability to spot potential opportunities for both short term and long term revenue, ensuring potential opportunities are profitable for the business
- Strong time management, able to manage multiple client projects
- Determined and tenacious, persistent and commercially driven
The following would enhance your application:
- Demonstrable prior experience of project management or account management, with added points for this being within a digital agency
- Experience with our Account Management tech stack including Jira, Trello, Confluence, Wordpress, G-Suite and Slack
- An eye for detail, with an ability to recognise and confidently criticise and/or provide suggestions when something isn't perfect
- Any experience with agile development
- Be well presented and happy to travel around the UK and oversees (primarily London) to meet clients and cement strong relationships when required
- A passion for your job - a clear desire to succeed will go a long way
What you will get
- A competitive salary, with commission incentives
- A company-wide perk scheme
- Regular team activities and afternoons off
- Flexible working hours and the ability to work from home when required
- 32-35 days holiday (this fluctuates according to how the Bank Holidays fall during our Christmas shutdown period)
- Optional pension scheme
- Regular opportunities to attend conferences and training courses
- Continued management training and mentorship
How to apply
If you are passionate about a career in the digital sector and managing high profile clients and you meet the requirements above, please email your CV with a cover letter (no more than 2 sides of A4) outlining why you would be ideal for the role.
Please note that because of the high number of applications we typically receive, it is not possible to answer everyone in person, successful candidates will hear from us within 2 weeks of the closing date.