This role is based within our Global Technical Operations team. Mimecast Engineers are technical experts who love being in the centre of all the action and play a critical role in making sure our technology stack is fit for purpose, performing optimally with zero down time.In this high priority role you will lead a group of brilliant Site Reliability Engineers, tackling a range of complex software and system issues, including monitoring of large farms of servers in multi geographic locations, responding to and safeguarding the availability and reliability of our most popular services.
- Line management of a team of 3-6 Linux Site Reliability Engineers.
- Management of small to medium sized projects with the team.
- Technical contributions as a Site Reliability Engineer and technical lead (40% people management / 60% technical).
- In this role you will collaborate in our vast platform, in areas like automation, system hardening and monitoring. Together with the day to day operation of a SAAS platform with more of 7000 physical servers and hundreds of
- different home brewed applications that form part of our Mime-OS technology.
- Interacting with other teams in engineering to plan for new architectures or to develop projects.
- Highlighting and driving improvements to the Platform.
- Coach, provide feedback and share your knowledge with your team and the Techops/Devops community.
- Previously led SRE teams in a project capacity and ideally direct report management.
- Great communication skills for collaboration with other teams in engineering: developers, network operations, datacenter operations...
- Passion for tackling complexity with simplicity and building platforms that can scale through multiple orders of magnitude.
- Experience running farms of servers (at least 200+ physical servers) and associated networking infrastructure in a production environment.
- Hands on experience with performance tuning of Linux OS (CentOS) in identifying bottlenecks such as disk I/O, memory, CPU and network issues.
- Extensive experience with at least one scripting language apart from BASH (Ruby, Perl, Python).
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP networking, including familiarity with concepts such as OSI stack.
- Ability to analyse network behaviour, performance and application issues using standard tools.
- Hands on experience automating the provisioning of servers at a large scale (using tools such as Kickstart, Foreman etc).
- Hands on experience in configuration management of server farms (using tools such as mcollective, Puppet, Chef, Ansible etc).
- Hands on experience with open source monitoring and graphing solutions such as Nagios, Zabbix, Sensu, Graphite etc.
- Strong understanding of common Internet protocols and applications such as SMTP, DNS, HTTP, SSH, SNMP etc.
We offer a highly competitive rewards and benefits package including satffstaff share purchase plan, pension, private healthcare, life cover and a gym subsidization.
Mimecast is an entrepreneurial and high growth company which will provide the right candidate with a wealth of career development opportunities.
All Mimecasters pride themselves on being high performers, problem solvers, team players with passion, integrity and effectiveness. We strive to attract exceptional people who have that 'extra something', people who really enjoy what they do and are passionate about technology.