DevOps and Platform Automation Engineer
- Southampton, London with travel, UK
With increasingly vast seas of digital information, smart organisations can today do things that were up to now impossible; spot unseen business trends, prevent diseases, make our roads safer and so on. At Version 1 our Mission is to prove IT can make a real difference. We prove this every day and due to our continued expansion, we’re searching for like-minded individuals to help us ‘take it to the next level’.
This is an exciting opportunity for a highly experienced DevOps and Data Platform Automation Engineer. A contract position, you will join a team delivering a transformative cloud-hosted data platform for a key Version 1 customer.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in automating the build and deployment of Microsoft Azure Platform solutions and APIs in a big data context with Enterprise level organisations. We are seeking someone who can design, create and deliver a range of DevOps Build Automation and Deployment solutions and who has a proven track record of solution excellence across with customers across many sectors. You will be highly proficient working with business stakeholders and directing project teams and will have direct experience of a range of Build and Deployment Automation solutions on the Microsoft Azure Cloud Platform particularly in relation to big data, geospatial platforms and data based APIs.
You will ideally have at least 7 years’ experience and a proven track record of automating, deploying and maintaining enterprise level solution environments on distributed Cloud data platforms. You will be able effectively to collaborate with others, obtain buy-in for your deployment automation approaches and manage your own priorities and performance to deliver high quality, highly performant solutions to our customer.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Working with Big Data developers to ensure a high quality build automation and deployment input to class-leading data platform solutions.
- Ensuring that platforms and data solutions can be deployed and operated in a highly repeatable and predictable manner through interaction and collaboration with the relevant vendor and customer stakeholders.
- Defining relevant solution deployment architectures and data environment platform design.
- Deploying and managing multiple environments to support rapid, agile development approaches including demonstration environments.
- Production of DevOps specifications.
- Documentation of solutions (e.g. data models, deployment architectures configurations, and setup).
- Working within a project management/agile delivery methodology in a leading role as part of a wider team.
- Collaborate and liaise with other customer stakeholders/ end users in the software development lifecycle – PMs, BAs, testing etc
Provide effective knowledge transfer and upskilling to relevant customer personnel to ensure an appropriate level of future self-sufficiency.
- Developing Microsoft Azure Solutions Certification
- Architecting Microsoft Azure certifications Certification
- It is essential that you have strong, in-depth and demonstrable hands-on experience with the large numbers of the following technologies:
- Microsoft Azure Platform and its relevant build, deployment, automation, networking and security technologies in cloud and hybrid environments, including setting up Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
- Knowledge of deployment automation for IaaS solutions using Linux and Windows Virtual Machines
- Azure Data Platform components including Azure Databricks, Azure CosmosDB, Azure Data Factory and experience of integration these into a DevOps delivery pipeline
- Microsoft Azure Identity Management and Security technologies including Azure Active Directory integration, custom SAML 2.0 providers
- Microsoft Azure App Service Fabric, App Service Environment, Microsoft Azure API Management platform technologies
- Microsoft Azure Operational and Monitoring tools
- Azure Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning platforms – Microsoft Azure Machine Learning, Azure Cognitive Services
- Azure Service Bus and Azure Notifications Hub
- Knowledge of deployment orchestration and configuration management tools (Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, Terraform, Kubernetes) and experience of setting up, deploying and managing multiple environments to support very, agile development approaches.
- Experience of working in highly dynamic teams using agile methodologies often under demanding timescales.
- Experience of collaborating and knowledge transfer to mixed customer and supplier teams whilst delivering to agreed timelines would be highly beneficial.
- and you’ll be able to provide evidence and examples of where you have demonstrated these skills in the past. If so, we’d love to speak with you.
Roles will be based on customer site in Southampton. Roles are envisaged to be Full time on-site. Expenses will be covered. London office base thereafter. Limited remote working might be possible but should not be assumed. For more info please get in touch. Permanent applications only.
Must have work permit due to timeframes.
Talent Acquisition Manager
Please note: We have an internal recruitment team and does not accept agency candidates. If you want to join the team here at Version 1, get in touch with us directly!
Plus profit share, pension, Health insurance, Life assurance