We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Are you looking for an exciting and meaningful role at the edge of technology? Are you looking to use your technical and leadership skills to help drive your career?
Arm is seeking highly skilled and motivated engineers to help lead our expanding Agile software development group. You will be based in Cambridge (UK), working closely with multi-disciplined engineering teams across Arm’s worldwide engineering centers. Focusing on build, development tools and test integration you will ensure we retain the high quality of our driver and help get the most out of our talented team.
What you will be involved with:
You will be leading a team focused on developing the build system and code generation tools for the Mali GPU driver. You will work closely with other teams and divisions to enable colleagues and customers to efficiently work with our software, and ensure we retain its high quality by ensuring we seamlessly and efficiently validate it.
You will cooperate closely with engineers working across the driver stack, as well as with teams focused on HW design, emulation, verification, testing and infrastructure. You will see all phases of a complex development program. Contributing to different areas of the code base and participating in all phases of software development, this is a fantastic opportunity to broaden your knowledge and make use of a diverse set of skills.
To get an idea of what we do, check out our freely-available bespoke build system:
We have an excellent track record of building up expertise in people, so this is a great opportunity to learn something new and interesting in a friendly and collaborative environment. Join a multinational, dynamic and highly motivated software development group where you will enjoy the support of your colleagues while being challenged by interesting technical problems. Do you like producing high quality, high performance SW and solving complex technical problems? Then we would love to hear from you.
Day to day activities include:
Line management and technical leadership of engineers in a team.Participating in the design, implementation and testing of new features.Working closely with other teams, and coordinating on the development process, test integration and release process of the driver stack.Maintaining the existing codebase: fixing bugs and other quality assurance activities.Reviewing other people’s code.Writing and maintaining documentation.
Skills & Experience required:
- Experience with mentoring, line management or technical leadership
- Proficiency in solution design, problem solving and debugging skills.
- Expertise with standard GNU/Linux tool chain, and build system.
- Expertise with shells and scripting languages.
- Experience with version control and continuous integration systems.
- Experience with C and/or C++ software development.
- Experience developing software for Linux, Android, Tizen, QNX, or similar systems.
- Experience with the Go programming language.
- Knowledge of XSLT or code generation experience.
- Experience of driver or HAL development.
About GPU Engineering
GPU Engineering produces media processing hardware and software products for mobile, embedded and automotive industries. Our Mali™ Graphics Processor is the #1 shipping GPU. Now we are entering into a new growth phase to provide new technologies and products for new and existing markets and are looking for talented people to join the team.
In GPU Engineering you will work with the world’s best companies, making world-leading products based on our IP alongside the best engineers in the world. We are a global team working across numerous sites and cultures. Your ideas will make a difference and you will have the opportunity to lead, challenge the status quo and ultimately change the world of media processing.
Please have a look at the following video to see what it’s like to work with us: https://youtu.be/F4tNBNBgYEY
Arm is committed to global talent acquisition, offering an attractive relocation package.
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is crucial, share it.
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps