Location: London, UK
Salary: Dependant on experience
SG Ditigal leads the global gaming market, providing innovative software that powers the world's most successful operators.
We pride ourselves on product innovation and technical excellence and are constantly adding new applications and new functionality to our product suite, used by billions of end users. And, while many other companies have been downsizing, we continue to see growth across our business.
Want to be part of our story?
We are searching for an experienced Development Lead from a Java/J2EE oriented development background to join our N team of skilled engineers. In this role you will be given responsibility for creating scalable product solutions that run on our leading edge online casino platform. This will ensure you take our products and your career to the next level.
The Development Lead position in SG Digital consists of a balance of four main areas of responsibility:
* Technical leadership: Understand the platform and technologies used, and guide future direction
* Team leadership: Coaching, support and development of staff
* Customer liaison: A trusted point of contact between SG Digital professional service teams, customers and partners.
* Incidents: Management of, and escalation path for live production incidents
Responsibilities of a Development Lead within SG Digital:
* Build and maintain functionality for our next generation i-gaming platform.
* Manage a team of 2-8 developers.
* Manage and contribute to technical end-to-end delivery of projects.
* Become a primary point of contact for and maintain strong relationships with both internal and external customers.
* Lead design and code reviews, set coding standards and ensure they are met by deliverables
* Ensure engineering best practice principles are applied at all times.
* Design solutions that are compatible with the strategic direction of the company
* Support the recruitment process of technical resources
If you are the right Development Lead for us you will be able to demonstrate:
* Good people management skills including experience managing developers
* Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
* Experience interacting with customers, external partners and business stakeholders
* Demonstrable talent coding in Java, J2EE and their application with design patterns.
* Experience with Java Spring Framework, Guice or similar framework
* Experience in writing unit tests (JUnit, Mokito)
* Good knowledge of large-scale website or application architectures and technology stacks
* Experience with various development methodologies; Agile, TDD or Waterfall
* Experience in deploying, configuring and maintaining Java Servlet container such as Tomcat
* Excellent Unix/Linux skills
* Database design skills (any vendor)
* Ability to multi-task and rapidly switch contexts
* A high standing bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering or information systems from a well regarded university
* Ideally 5+ years of experience building web applications
It would also be great to see these skills/experiences as well:
* Performance tuning skills, including refactoring, code profiling and monitoring
* Automated testing and CI.
* Release management and configuration management experience
* Website development skills HTML, HTML5 and CSS
* Web technologies and internet protocols (XML, JSON, HTTP, TCP/IP)
Why would you enjoy working with us at OpenBet?
* Competitive benefits, an open and supportive environment as well as a modern and exciting workplace
* The opportunity to interact with global teams on a regular basis and the possibility to switch teams and projects as you and our business continues to develop and grow
* Tangible and genuine development - at OpenBet, you can take your career where you want it to go!
* Exposure to real work, business-critical projects and the chance to develop some of the world's leading e-commerce sportsbooks whilst working on exciting client projects and interact with lots of code!
And if that's not enough; you will get to enjoy a stunning work location and flexible working whilst we provide you with the guidance and development skills you need to progress quickly and enhance your career.
Simply click 'Apply' to continue your application.