Our client are looking for a full-time Developer to assist with the build and deployment of an exciting new core functional system in our Felixstowe Head Office. Early in its life cycle, being built from scratch and written in C#; this is a real opportunity to help our client shape and mould the direction this business-critical software takes. As a Developer, you will be involved in coding, testing, maintaining, and more; within an agile, team-based environment. A variety of frameworks, technologies, and tools are being utilised.
This is an excellent opportunity to join our client. They are a strong business with a secure future who recognize and rewards hard work in a very modern office environment.
Our client operate and are legally responsible for over 4,500 assets across 35 + UK based locations. These assets range from but are not limited to; Heavy Goods Vehicles, Trailers, Company Cars, and Plant machinery. The system being developed will drive the critical management, maintenance and compliance of, essentially linking / informing key business stakeholders through the entire operational and financial life of said assets.
Whilst a relatively young function, the development team has seen significant backing at board level and has quickly gained the requirement to grow to keep up with internal demand and to meet key project milestones and deadlines.
Our client is fast paced and can be a very busy business which will create challenges at times that have to be solved. The role is best suited to someone quick thinking, organised and good at problem solving.
Roles and Responsibilities
Your goal will be to ensure that software is delivered smoothly and efficiently to specification, including:
- Liaising with Business Analyst, Project Management and Stakeholders to deliver solutions that accurately meet our requirements
- Working within a small team of developers in an agile environment
- Produce testable, clean, precise, performance-oriented code
- Help contribute to planning and estimations of upcoming work
Skills essential for the role:
- Great Communication Skills
- Good knowledge of SOLID principles
- Good knowledge of OOP
- Experience and knowledge in Agile delivery (ideally experience in SCRUM/KANBAN)
- Ability to work to clearly-defined specifications
- Willingness to challenge aspects of a design based on pros/cons merits.
- Micro services and interoperability between them
Languages & Frameworks:
- C# .NET (.NET Core 3)
- Entity Framework and Dapper
- SQL Server 2017
- Dependency Injection (Autofac)
- REST API (to OpenAPI specification) as both a Provider and a Consumer
- Understanding of AutoMapper (or similar)
- Thread-safety and Immutability by design
- NuGet for packing Libraries
Skills that would be of interest:
- Azure DevOps experience
- Backlog Elaboration and Sprint Planning experience
- Service-Driven User Interface (UI generated from Service-provided Models)
- Cloud (building for, deployment to, management of) including Docker (or similar)
- RabbitMQ (or similar e.g. ServiceBus, MSMQ, SQS)
- Framework Development experience
- Terraform (or similar) experience advantageous
Languages & Frameworks:
- Kendo UI
- React (reactjs.org)
- Lua (using NLua for C#)
- Reliable / Consistent
- Desire to learn new technologies and methodologies
- Competitive salary, based on experience
- Discretionary performance bonus
- Contributory pension
- Life assurance
- Four weeks' holidays, rising to five per annum, plus Bank Holidays
If you have the relevant skills and experience and would like to join this incredibly successful company with fantastic benefits, please apply by forwarding an up to date CV as soon as possible.
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser and Specialist Recruiter. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Here at Spider we take your privacy seriously. When you apply, we shall process your details and pass your application to this particular company for review for this vacancy only. As you might expect we may contact you by email, text or telephone. Your data is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests in fulfilling the recruitment process.