The company is an award-winning MSP based in both Staffordshire and the North-West, delivering IT Service Desk Support & consulting services to a wide range of business sectors.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated, skilled engineer to join our growing engineering team. This role is to provide an IT support service to our customers via telephone, remote support and onsite visits, as well as supporting your colleagues with their work as required.
You will work remotely, however, you will be required to attend the office in Stafford or customer sites approx. 2/3 times per week – please bear this in mind when applying for the position.
- Provide support to customers, suppliers and partners via telephone, remote support & onsite visits
- Create and take ownership of tickets and be responsible for your allocated work
- Obsessively communicate with customers via telephone & maintain excellent written job-notes throughout
- Adhere to & contribute toward company processes and procedures
- Manage your workload, whilst meeting & exceeding KPI’s and targets
- Contribute to the continual improvement of not only the service, but the company as a whole
- Provide support to all other areas of the company as required
As a Desktop Support Engineer, you will be expected to carry out IT support services to customers and partners of the business, including management of the complete ticket lifecycle as they flow through our internal systems.
Ensure that appropriate actions are taken to resolve support tickets, fully documenting them as you go with progress and resolution information. Take ownership of support tickets and work on them until resolution.
Alongside working remotely, you will be required to attend customer site-visits at short notice, and occasionally be required to work outside of regular hours.
In addition to carrying out “business as usual” standard support work, you will be required to proactively seek opportunities to improve service delivery, customer support and the company as a whole.
Escalate any failures/potential failures in Service Delivery to line-managers or senior staff as soon as possible.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Previous experience in an MSP-related IT support role (or equivalent)
- Proven track-record of excellent interpersonal skills such as telephony, communication, active listening and/or customer care
- Systematic, disciplined and analytical approach to problem solving
- Technical enthusiasm!
- Strong communication skills, ability to build and maintain working relationships with internal & external customers
- The attitude to contribute ideas to continually improve processes & procedures – making sure problems “never come back” and helping colleagues to do the same
- Dynamic and flexible ‘can-do’ attitude
- Ability to work under pressure and a fast pace environment
- Full UK Driving License with regular access to own transportation