Our client, a market leading company based in the heart of London are currently recruiting for an IT Desktop Support Officer, the role will provide support to major systems implementations, hands on desktop and other technical support work for internal staff and for clients.
- Acting as a member of the IT team in providing strategic IT direction for the business and operational support of IT infrastructure, hardware and software.
- Assisting with overseeing the security aspects of the company / project IT set-up including websites that may be hosted internally or externally.
- Proactive assistance with the systems implementations projects to assist with a smooth implementation and roll out.
- Ensuring that all IT assets are properly controlled, and software is correctly licensed.
- Ensuring that acceptable service levels are maintained across all systems.
- Dealing with hardware issues, desktops, laptops, printers, and mobile devices both in person and remotely.
- Providing Desktop/Laptop support including the following technologies: Microsoft Office 365 products : Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, Internet Explorer, Windows 7, desktops, laptops, printers, networked copiers and others as assigned.
- Providing investigation, diagnosis, resolution and recovery for hardware / software problems. When unable to resolve, escalating in accordance with Help Desk escalation processes.
- Maintaining overall ownership of user?s issue & service ensuring that they receive resolution within a reasonable timeframe.
- Providing initial assessment of urgency and business impact on all support calls.
- Managing service requests, software installations, new computer setups, upgrades, etc.
- Recording incident resolutions in the Help Desk tool.
- Providing enhancement request feedback to IT regarding technology environment and customer needs through the defined processes.
- Deploying new electronic equipment as and when required.
- Assisting in communicating IT matters to the user community, e.g. for any system failures within the business and informing users as soon as possible.
- Assisting in the facilitation of workshops / training for Applications, Desktop environment, IT tools etc.
- Extensive IT/Commercial experience gained within a fast-paced environment?
- Experienced in providing superior customer service and support.
- Experience of working within a technical support position, covering Windows, Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer and various business applications within a fast-paced business environment.
- Proven experience of 1st/2nd and 3rd line infrastructure support.
- Proven knowledge of multiple desktop programs, configuration and debugging techniques.
- Experience of resolving issues efficiently and contributing to the improvement of a Company?s infrastructure.
- Proven project management skills, including the ability to effectively deploy resources and manage multiple projects of diverse scopes in a cross-functional environment.
- Highly motivated, pragmatic and practical with a strong work ethic and eye for detail with good problem resolution, judgement and decision making skills.
- Able to evaluate complex situations and find solutions for them in a professional manner.
- Proven project ownership and pride in its delivery.
- Flexibility towards work assignments and new learning.
- Ability to manage multiple and varied tasks and prioritize workload with attention to detail.
- Comfortable operating autonomously once goals and objectives are set.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, with the ability to successfully work both independently and effectively within a team.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technology solutions to non-technology internal client base.
- Proven ability to engage constructively with colleagues at all levels across different departments to deliver objectives.
- A good team player, with strong organisational skills.
London / South East / Service Desk / Desktop Engineer / Office 365 / Active Directory / 2nd Line