Wood is currently sourcing Expression of Interest candidates for various discipline Designer opportunities (Structural, Electrical, Mechanical and Piping) based in Hull, Teesside and Aberdeen.
Designer is responsible for the creation of CAD models and drawings along with other design deliverables to the required standards. They are required to contribute to, as well as, supporting the whole project and design cycle from concept through to construction and installation technical support.
The role requires; a good understanding of engineering and design practices as relevant to the discipline and the holder must be able to demonstrate excellent 2D & 3D CAD skills as well as good written and verbal communications.
- Primary responsibilities are the development and delivery of design drawings and documents relevant to meet customer requirements
- Detailed manufacturing data which may include fabrication and assembly drawings and files required to support CAD / CAM systems
- Preparation / production of CAD 3D models and drawings in support of all Design Cycle phases (Concept, Basic, Functional, Detail and Production Designs in line with recognized ISO and industry standards and to the required; time, cost and quality requirements
- Preparation / production of installation and fabrication drawings in line with recognized ISO and industry standards and to the required; time, cost and quality requirements
- Liaise with profession engineering colleagues and various stakeholders during design lifecycle to ensure coordination and functionality of design, including contribution to design reviews
- Develop innovative design solutions
- Provide solutions to fabrication, manufacturing and installation issues by assisting in the resolution of Technical Queries
- Reporting of technical progress and issues to line management
- Be aware of and ensure that; safety, health and environmental requirements are implemented
- Assist with the maintenance and improvement in quality standards of outputs
- The post holder is required to hold a minimum HNC or an equivalent qualification in discipline subject
- Apprenticeship in relevant discipline or relevant industry experience
- Be proficient in the use of one or more parametric / spec driven CAD systems both in a 3D & 2D environment, such as AutoCAD, Microstation, Aveva E3D / PDMS, Hexagon 3D, Solid works, etc.
- Experience in Design within any of the following sectors:
- Oil & Gas
- Nuclear / power generation
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.