Do you have CAD skills and are looking for a new design opportunity?
Here is your chance to join the growing Tingdene Team. We are recruiting for a Design Technician to produce detailed design drawings for our park homes, lodges and modular buildings. Accuracy and quality of the drawing is key so you must have an eye for detail and spotting the smallest of errors. The opportunity would suit someone starting out in their career or wanting to progress in the future.
Whether you are looking for a contract term or a permanent position, we provide everything you need to do the job. Although you can bring your own pencils if you like...
This opportunity will suit a career-minded, ambitious individual who is looking for that unique chance to prove what they can do; ideally, you will also have the relevant CAD design drawing work experience preferably in building and construction or a leisure home background.
You can expect to be challenged and must be flexible in a fast-paced design environment. The job will give you some fantastic opportunities to work across different areas, with a variety of people at all levels of seniority.
The duties you will be undertaking for us:
- Responsible for ensuring detailed production drawings of park homes are completed for sign off and producing technical drawings for all aspects of the build to enable the construction of homes, these would include floor, wall panel and roof drawings etc.
- Provide support and advice to production during the build process.
- Produce detailed production drawings and information for all aspects of the build to enable the production factory operatives to construct the homes.
- Factory "line side support" with production build information/advice when necessary.
- Produce floor, wall panel and roof drawings.
- Produce kitchen plans for material ordering.
- Generate product specific details for purchasing.
- Liaising with colleagues and other departments to ensure correct design information and build is adhered to.
- Provide all drawings for department quality control cross checking.
- Producing HSB CAD drawings (training provided if necessary).
- CNC machine drawings.
- Work with the QC team to ensure that drawings are accurate to build practices.
- Communicating potential build problems prior to any issues arising.
- Attention to detail, and self-challenge in order to work more efficiently.
- Continually develop design, technical experience and knowledge of product and AutoCAD and maintain IT skills and knowledge.
- Take ownership of role, develop new relationships.
- Provide customer design support.
Architecture | Design | Modular | Timber Frame | CAD | HSB | CNC | Autodesk | Manager | Kitchen | Park Home
Holiday 30 days inclusive of statutory days I Aviva Work Place Pension Scheme I Life Cover | Loyalty Holiday | Salary DOE
38 Hours Monday to Thursday 8 AM to 5 PM Friday 8 AM to 12 PM
- We are looking for a genuine team player
- Qualifications in AUTO CAD, HSB CAD, AUTODESK suite
- Working knowledge of CNC programming, Timber Frame Construction, Modular construction
- Comprehensive Building Regs. knowledge
- Park home, modular, timber frame manufacturing experience
- Product lifecycle management
- Knowledge of ISO9000 family standards
- Architecture background
Since 1969, Tingdene have been one of the UK's leading manufacturers of park homes and holiday lodges. A proudly independent business, its continued success is built on an unwavering commitment to quality and innovation, with a proven record spanning 50 years.
Based in Wellingborough, Northamptonshire, we employ 220 people and are a steadfast and long-standing supporter of British manufacturing. All homes and lodges are constructed to BS3632 standards in its state-of-the-art production facility, positioned just a stone's throw from their Head Office and Visitor Centre, which remains the UK's only permanent indoor exhibition space for park homes and holiday lodges.
In 2019 we launched a new collection of homes and lodges in celebration of its 50th anniversary. The renewed range offers timeless designs and interior styles tailored to both contemporary and classical tastes. Guests are invited to discover the 'Our Difference' with seven designs displayed at any time within our refurbished and fully accessible Visitor Centre.
26,000.00 - 28,000.00 per year