Job descriptionJob Title:
- Design Technician
- £15.00 to £20.00 per hour
- likely to last 6 months
- Major water infrastructure project
To be suitable for the position you must have;
- Have a basis of water hydraulic network systems understanding, either through previous experience or education
- Experience of using MS Office Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook and also conversant with AutoCAD 2D / GIS software
- Able to demonstrate an initiative to work on their own and as part of a team
Although not essential it would also be advantageous if you have;
- Familiarity with compliance with all CDM, Health & Safety, and environmental issues.
- An awareness of advances in technology and implement where needed.
- The ability to complete tasks to current requirements of corporate systems, documentation and controls that comply with legislation, policy and procedure of the company and industry standard.
As a design technician you will form part of a professional and forward thinking design team that covers the investigation and detail design of distribution and trunk main water networks.
The ideal candidate will be able to provide support to the designers, through completion of tasks that complement the final design for the construction stage and success of the completion stage. You will be requried to understand network maps and plans, in order to understand assets in relation to public and private ownership. Demonstrate an understanding of other utilities and environmental factors that affect the selection and installation of water network assets.
Navartis Ltd is a specialist recruitment company supplying highly skilled technical and management professionals within the global Transportation, Civil Engineering & Utility industries, if you are seeking a new position our recruitment team can locate the opportunity to suit your needs.