About the role
BWB Consulting have an exciting opportunity for a Design Manager at Associate Director status, to join our T&I Design Infrastructure Service. The role would be ideally be based in our Manchester office although office location could be flexible.
BWB are proud to have become a Highways England Regional Delivery Partner. This role will be a key player in leading the design delivery of schemes under this framework and as well schemes for other public and private sector clients.
The role will be responsible for ensuring the overall design is delivered to the right standards and play a key role in our Client team.
Responsibilities will include leading project delivery for key clients, monitoring and reporting on the financial performance of the teams, leading on future recruitment strategies, and ensuring the teams are continually expanding their technical and commercial acumen.
About the team
BWB’s Transport and Infrastructure Group combines this requisite expertise with innovative thinking. We also do it in a manner that enables us to focus on the delivery of high quality, value engineered infrastructure capable of serving our nation’s current and future needs.
Our talented and experienced design teams fuse local knowledge with national design standards and legislation in a manner that enables BWB to undertake a wide variety of projects ranging from regional Building Structures led projects to infrastructure led projects.
The team provides a comprehensive design and advisory service focused on meeting the engineering challenges involved in servicing the infrastructure requirements of regeneration and development projects. We work across the transport, residential, commercial, industrial, health and retail sectors and our clients range from local and national developers and contractors to public sector bodies. We aim to create a working environment that provides challenge, enjoyment and a real sense of satisfaction with a view to encouraging personal and professional development in all our staff.
The ideal candidate will have skills and experience in the following areas:
- Excellent communicator, both written and oral, with the ability to adapt communication style to suit different circumstances.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships at all levels both internally and externally
- A ‘self-starter’ with drive, positivity and enthusiasm and a strong desire to succeed.
- Commercially aware with effective influencing and negotiating skills, as well as an aptitude to develop emerging and new client relationships.
- A visible and participative technical leader, willing and able to take responsibility and be held to account for the service that T&I Design.
- An ability to help build and develop a strong, collaborative relationship across the T&I Service and with the rest of the business.
- Technical independence within the field of T&I Design
- Reliable and trustworthy; acts with consistency and integrity at all times
Reasons to join BWB
At BWB, we invest in our people and give them fantastic career opportunities. Look at what we have been recognised for recently:
- Investors in People Platinum standard
- A Sunday Times Top 100 Best companies to work for
- An NCE Top 100 Consultancy
Join BWB and your career will not conform to the traditional models of yesterday but will be a fulfilling and challenging journey into tomorrow’s digital age; a journey that you will Play an active role in defining!
At BWB you matter, and you will make a difference. A difference to the world you live in; the communities you engage with; even the development of your career and the profession.
We are on an exciting journey. Join Us.
What we can offer you
- A competitive Salary – We benchmark all our salaries against the market and review these annually.
- Holiday – 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and the option to buy extra days holiday per year to boost your entitlement
- Life Assurance 4x salary.
- Non-contributory Pension Scheme – we’ll pay an Employer Contribution, even if you don’t wish to contribute yet and the contribution will increase with years’ service.
- Superb training – bespoke to you and your development needs.
- Professional Subscription – BWB will make a payment for one professional subscription a year.
- Social Fund – We will pay £25 per head per quarter to have a great time socialising with your colleagues outside of the work environment.
- Health-care cash plan for all your everyday medical needs such as dentistry and optical care.
- Loyalty bonus – bonus, additional holidays, pension enhancement and sabbaticals.
- Perkbox rewards scheme - providing our people with access to a range of employee discounts and benefits.
- Cycle to Work – Get excellent rates for a new bike and accessories through our scheme.
- 1 paid day of volunteering for a company-nominated charity
- 2.5 paid days for STEM activity