Do you work within the construction sector within Design? Were on the look out for for an Assistant Rail Systems Coordinator. If you'd be interested in joining a Contractor delivering HS2 please read on...
This role is to be part of the Design and Engineering (D&E), assisting the Rail Systems Interface & RAMS.
You'll be required to assist the Manager to handle interfaces between Civils (Design and Build) delivered by the client and the Rail Systems (Design and Build) delivered by HS2 and rail systems contractors when appointed. Namely for the slab track system, the overhead catenary system (OCS); the control command signaling (CCS); the telecoms (GSMR); the tunnel equipment's (M&E); the power supply infrastructure and the maintainer needs or the fire strategy.
You will need to own the Client Interface Management Tool to ensure the interfaces are being captured, monitored and actioned at an asset level and in a timely manner.
Additionally you would need to assist the Manager to drive the D&E team towards a design compliant to RAMS (Reliability, Availability, Maintainability, Safety) and to TSIs (Interoperability) by ensuring application of requirements and coordinating actions with the Client.
You'd need to coordinate the Design such as Fencing (Security), Earthing and Bonding, Accesses for Rail Systems and the maintainer or the Portal Support Buildings for the Tunnels (requiring Rail Systems equipment's). Also assist the Manager to provide strong support to the D&E team by ensuring that input, requirements and control change are in place and integrated with other Civils disciplines (e.g. alignment, earthworks, drainage, highways accesses)
You must maintain close liaison and collaboration with the teams, attending the Client meetings.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience of working on design & build contracts in major civil engineering works (if possible, in railways)
- Knowledge of relevant civils and rail systems design standards and its applicability,
- Knowledge of RAMS (if possible, in railways)
- Good communicator, resilient, positive, confident, meticulous, autonomous, eager to work in a multicultural environment on a large-scale civil engineering project
- Able to build working relationships, internally with D&E team and externally with the Client
- IT skills - MS Office and (preferably) knowledge software related to interfaces (e.g Relatics)
- Engineering background (Degree in Civil Engineering or Rail Systems) with some experience to be able to undertake the role
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.