Design Associate - Barclays Accelerator, Powered by Techstars
As an Associate, you will help build the next amazing batch of startups, as they grow from early stage to venture-backed companies. From entrepreneurs to investors, to mentors, your network is about to explode. You will have the opportunity to sit in on mentor meetings – get to know the best entrepreneurs and investors in the city, up close and personally. You will also have access to full involvement in Techstars social events with the founders and the local community.
General Job Description
We are looking for a dynamic designer who loves getting involved in many different aspects of design. From graphic design, to UI/UX, and even physical print design, you should be able to assess the needs of the companies and create beautiful and impactful materials. Whether it’s creating unique and memorable logos, pitch decks or presentations, you’ll be consulting with multiple top caliber startups as your clients over the course of the three-month program on their branding and marketing strategy.
Location and Timing
- London, UK
- From end of January until end of April 2020
- Knowledge that spans visual, graphics and interactive design - brand experience is essential
- Great understanding of content and how to translate it into various visual forms of expression.
- A refined aesthetic sense and can both work inside and expand a company’s vision
- Experience working in an iterative design environment including giving and receiving feedback.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant professional design experience or BA/BS degree in a related field.
- A drive to get better every single day and are always looking for opportunities to learn.
- A positive outlook, a desire to learn and meet new people, lots of energy and enthusiasm.
- Authorized to work as a contractor in the UK.
- Currently live in London or would be willing to live here for the duration of the program (end of January - end of April 2020)
- Dirk Lehmann –Techstars Associate Programme: The Better Startup MBA?
- Duc Luan Dam -Luan, do you ever sleep? (Being an Associate atTechstarspart 1)
Techstars is the worldwide network that helps entrepreneurs succeed. Techstars founders connect with other entrepreneurs, experts, mentors, alumni, investors, community leaders, and corporations to grow their companies. Techstars operates three divisions: Techstars Startup Programs, Techstars Mentorship-Driven Accelerator Programs, and Techstars Corporate Innovation Partnerships. Techstars accelerator portfolio includes more than 1,900 companies with a market cap of$23 Billion.www.techstars.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.