This hidden gem is expiring soon - don't miss this opportunity.
We are looking for a Deputy Store Manager to drive forward the quality service we are well known for.
Who are we looking for?
To fulfil one of these exciting roles you will possess excellent Retail Management skills, which you will have gained within a retail environment, ideally within the outdoor industry.
You will also have the following qualities:
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to challenge others to improve their performance
- Skills to train and delegate effectively
- Time Management Skills
- AND ideally, you will have a passion for outdoor travel adventure.
About the role
The ideal candidate will use their past experiences to engage the shop team in driving all aspects of the shop performance whilst maintaining our reputation for outstanding quality and customer service.
Main duties of the role consist of:
- Reaching and exceeding sales targets through assisting customers in the selection and purchase of merchandise.
- Organising and implementing store rotas and covering shifts and holidays thorough effective staff management.
- Helping, training and motivating sales staff on selling procedures to help achieve sales goals
- Achieving commercial success through organising the store merchandise standards and restocking merchandise.
- Nurture a thirst for high levels of product knowledge within an outdoor retailer and a passion for sharing that knowledge.
What's in it for you?
Having been retailing in the UK for over 40 years in the outdoor industry, we are able to offer an excellent pay and benefits package. Plus all of this:
- Structured training sales and management training
- Access to in-house e-learning modules
- Clothing allowance
- 50% discount on our clothing
- Contributions to a Pension scheme
- Life cover based on salary
- Weekly sales bonus scheme
- Access to child care vouchers
- Bikes through the government ride to work scheme
- Employee Assistance Scheme
About the company
Our client makes gear to keep you protected and comfortable in the world's wildest places. From performance clothing to shoes and luggage they have created a range that is all you need and nothing you don't. From their original and iconic "bags" to the latest innovations everything is built on the original design principles that were conceived around a kitchen table in North Yorkshire forty years ago. That is what still make them unique.