Do you currently work as a Deputy Head Teacher, Head of Curriculum &Learning, Department Head or in another similar senior position within an educational environment? If you do, we have an exciting opportunity to join the South West Hub of a fast-growing Multi-Academy Trust as their Teaching and Learning Strategic Lead, where you will promote excellent quality and standards of teaching and learning.
SALARY:up to £65,000 per annum (depending on experience) + Benefits
LOCATION: Bristol, South West England
TYPE: Full-Time, All Year Round -2 Year Fixed Term Contract (initially)
** The successful candidate will be required to have an Enhanced DBS check **
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for a Teaching and Learning Strategic Leadwho has experience as a Deputy Head Teacher, Head of Curriculum & Learning, Department Head or another similar senior position within an educational environment.
As the Teaching and Learning Strategic Lead you will have a demonstrable track record of improving the quality of teaching and learning in order to provide the best possible curriculum, outcomes and progression for all students.
Working as the Teaching and Learning Strategic Lead you will join the South West Hub, reporting to the Hub Director, supporting three schools within the Region to provide excellent quality and standards of teaching and learning. This is a brand new post which the successful candidate will have the opportunity to shape and develop.
Your previous experience as a Deputy Head Teacher, Head of Curriculum & Learning,Department Head or another similar senior position within an educational environment,will help with planning and delivering high quality professional development for all teaching staff, providing clear and regular feedback to individuals about teaching and learning practice and areas for development. You will undertake regular monitoring of teaching and learning practice across the three schools, offering coaching to all teaching staff throughout the process.
If you’ve worked as a Deputy Head Teacher, Head of Curriculum & Learning, Department Head or another similar senior position within an educational environment and this job looks like your ideal position, then please send in your CV and Cover Letter as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Teaching and Learning Strategic Lead will include:
- Lead on the continual improvement of the teaching and learning skill of all teaching staff, particularly through observation, review, mentoring, coaching, and modelling
- Lead the strategic planning, monitoring and evaluation of teaching, learning and assessment and improvement plans across the three academies
- Embed the new Ofsted framework and criteria and ensure all staff are trained and competent
- Develop structures for staff to share their own successful practice
- Review annually all policies on Teaching and Learning to ensure they are effective
- Lead on strategies to embed high quality teaching and learning and sustained high achievement and attainment, utilising research evidence and school-based evaluations
- Presentclear evaluations of strategies, interventions and outcomes to different Stakeholders
- Provide outstanding leadership and management of staff
- Contribute to effective strategic leadership of the school, working closely with the senior leadership team
- Assist with the setting and monitoring of professional standards in the work of all members of teaching staff
- Identify staff training requirements and support the production and delivery of a regional training plan
- Promote Performance Management as a means of improving teaching, learning, leadership & management activity within the Academies
- Guide and advise staff in their training and professional development
- Co-ordinate and quality control the delivery of performance management for teachers
- Implement interventions to support underperforming staff
- Ensure that work is prioritised and resources are allocated in line with the strategic plan
- Promote and safeguard the welfare of students you come into contact with
- Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to safeguarding, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person
- Be aware of and adhere to all of Academy’s policies and procedures and comply with their contents; raising any concerns in a timely manner
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
Ideal candidates will have worked as a Deputy Head Teacher, Head of Curriculum & Learning, Department Head or another similar senior position within an educational environment and will demonstrate the following:
- Demonstrable experience of working strategically to implement strategies to improve the quality of teaching and learning
- They are a strategic thinker and possess excellent leadership qualities
- They are an experienced teacher and leader with experience in leading improvement in the quality of teaching and learning
- They have experience of coaching and mentoring teachers and senior leaders to own and drive the improvement journey
- Willingness to travel between the 3 school sites as and when necessary
- Degree level or equivalent qualification in a relevant area
- Demonstrable experience of differing teaching & learning approaches and in giving effective feedback to teachers and in undertaking assessments of the impact on the quality of teaching
- Working knowledge of relevant legislation and Ofsted framework
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to gather, analyse and present information in order to understand complex issues
- Possess well developed facilitation, negotiation influencing skills across professional disciplines, with stakeholders and at all levels
- Demonstrable ability to think and act strategically, solve problems and make decisions
- Collect and use a rich set of data to understand the strengths and weaknessesof the quality of teaching and learning across the schools to influence and inform appropriate improvement plans
- Confidence to challenge difficult or sensitive situations and escalate as appropriate
- Excellent knowledge of IT systems and fully proficient in the use of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and e-mail
- Accomplished at planning and time management, confident working within restricted timescales, well developed organisational skills
- Experience in effective collaboration with external agencies
- Demonstrates a strong focus on pupils safeguarding and wellbeing at all times
- Well organised, methodical and very good attention to detail. Able to produce accurate records and reports as required
- Ability to write in a confident, sophisticated, accurate manner, fit for a specific context and circumstances
- Excellent communicator able to identify and use appropriate styles and methods,appropriate to the audience
- Ability to demonstrate resilience, whilst being responsive, open and honest about challenges
- Ability to actively build constructive and open relationships with networks of colleagues, contacts and organisational partners and a collegiate team player
- Knowledge, understanding and commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion informed by practical experience and application
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV and Cover Letter to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
Full-Time, Contract Jobs, Careers and Vacancies. Find a new job and work in Bristol, South West England. Multi-Job Board Advertising and CV Sourcing Recruitment Services provided by AWD online.
AWD online operates as an employment agency
awdonline | http://www.awdo.co.uk