This is an exciting opportunity for a strong, enthusiastic and highly motivated senior teacher who has a sound knowledge of ASD and experience of supporting young people with complex needs aged 16 to 25.
Reporting to the Head of College the post holder will be part of the College leadership team and will be pivotal in developing and integrating a shared vision and strategic plan for the College.
Farleigh college provides a varied range of learning opportunities including both academic and vocational pathways. Learning is delivered both on site at Farleigh FE College and off site, where we work with a range of external partners including local FE colleges. The College supports both day and residential learners and has a number of residential homes linked to the provision.
The ideal candidate will:
- Hold a formal teaching qualification
- Be an experienced higher education practitioner with the ability to plan, deliver and design programmes to broaden and expand the College offer
- Lead on areas of teaching, learning and assessment and will contribute to ensuring high quality outcomes and engaging, meaningful learning experiences
- Have proven leadership experience and be passionate about driving forward quality and contemporary higher education provision
- Be able to demonstrate significant experience of working within a specialist SEND environment with a good understanding of ASD and associated complex needs
- Be a dynamic, proactive creative thinker who is passionate about achieving the best outcomes for young people
- Have a sound understanding of regulatory requirements and experience of the inspection process
- Have excellent communication skills and the ability to work closely with colleagues and stakeholders at all levels
- Experience of working within a residential educational provision would be advantageous.
- A competitive salary
- Teachers Pension Scheme
- Enhanced disclosure cost coverage
- Online benefits and cash back rewards
- SMART Pension
- Comprehensive induction and commitment to continual professional development option and more.
We aim to provide every young person with a programme of education, work experience, life skills and training within the community, to enable them to live as independently as possible.
Our dedicated team of staff create a safe, inclusive and nurturing environment where our learners have a sense of belonging. Our approach enables young people to develop the confidence and skills they need to progress towards adulthood, the workplace or higher education and sustainable independent living in the community.
Priory Education and Children’s Services is a leading company in the UK offering independent behavioural care for commissioners across the UK. With over 100 high quality schools, colleges and homes we focus on making a real and lasting difference for everyone we support.
If you have been affected by coronavirus, or are tired of working from home we have care and education roles available across the country for temp, part-time and full time roles.
Search all our available roles here: https://jobs.priorygroup.com/
For all roles we require a minimum of two references. References provided must cover the last 3 years, for all of our services we will need to request all references from where you have worked with either Children or Vulnerable Adults. Please be advised that references may be requested prior to interview for roles within our schools.
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
Priory Education Services is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and disclosures with the relevant body at an enhanced level. We are an equal opportunities employer. Priory Education and Children's services will cover the cost of a DBS.