Here at GAP one of our core values is Customer Service, we strive to deliver the best service we can to our customers so that we are their go to company for uPVC products. We are seeking a Depot Operative to join our Trade Counter team in Hemel Hempstead to be the face of GAP and embody our values on a daily basis. You will be interacting with customers on a daily basis and must be confident in your ability to communicate effectively.
Daily responsibilities of the role include (but not limited to):
- Working to set targets.
- Represent the company in a professional manner.
- Assist in the growth of sales and margin working at the trade counter.
- Work as part of an effective, motivated team.
- Attend training when required and develop relevant knowledge and skills.
- Observe the company's strategy and policies.
- Adhere to the processes located within the depot manual, sales and operational boards.
- Offer a high quality of customer service.
- Ensure vehicle checks are completed daily.
- Load vehicles in a safe and accurate manner.
- Unload and check deliveries from suppliers and place in the correct areas in the warehouse.
- Prepare deliveries for drivers, including the relevant paperwork.
- To undertake driving duties as required.
- Monitor stock levels and replenish stock when required.
- Adhere to health and safety regulations at all times.
- Participate in regular stock takes.
It's an exciting time to be joining us here at GAP as with the recent purchase of SIG Building Plastics and windows businesses, we now have 100 depots and counting. This recent addition presents all our staff with the chance to grow within the business and we are determined to bring the right people on board to help us take the next step.
Successful Applicants will have:
- An ability to drive a 3.5 tonne vehicle
- A full, clean driver's license.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to plan and organise workload.
- Ability to work both as a team member and individually.
- Accurate verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Highly proficient IT skills.
We believe our success is a result of our "family feel" which is at the core of our operations, we will offer you the chance to not only progress individually but professionally. We will give you the tools to succeed; it's up to you what you do with it! If you are a confident driven person and feel that you have what it takes to be a part of GAP, please send your CV today! Please note that you require a full, clean driving licence to be considered for this role.
GAP gives all candidates equal opportunities and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.