Here at GAP one of our core values is Customer Service, we strive to deliver the best service we can to our customers so that we are their go to company for uPVC products. Within a fast paced Depot, the Depot Manager runs the branch autonomously with support from the head office functions, Compliance Team and the regional network around the depot. You would be expected to manage the Depot colleagues to full effect to achieve sales and operational KPI's.
Daily Duties include (but not limited to);
- Grow sales and increase margin
- Manage and maintain a profitable depot
- Ensure smooth running of all functions within the depot
- Manage and motivate staff effectively
- Report on depot performance according to company requirements
- Attend training and develop relevant knowledge and skills
- Communicate company strategy and policies effectively to staff and customers
- Adhere to the processes located within the depot manual
- Improve and maintain a high level of health and safety
- Seek to continuously develop knowledge of customer and competitor activity
- Maintain and manage a high quality of customer service
- Comprehensive control of stock
- Maximise the efficiency of deliveries on van
- Keep vehicle roadworthy and legal
- Provide an efficient and effective service to customers.
- Working to set targets
It's an exciting time to be joining us here at GAP as with the recent purchase of SIG Building Plastics and windows businesses, we now have 97 depots and counting! This recent addition presents all our staff with the chance to grow within the business and we are determined to bring the right people on board to help us take the next step.
Successful Applicants will have:
- A full, clean driver's license.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to plan and organise workload.
- Proven management experience and the ability to motivate a team.
- Accurate verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Highly proficient IT skills.
- Experience in a trade counter environment.
We believe our success is a result of our "family feel" which is at the core of our operations, we will offer you the chance to not only progress individually but professionally. We will give you the tools to succeed; it's up to you what you do with it! If you are a confident driven person and feel that you have what it takes to be a part of GAP, please send your CV today! Please note that you require a full, clean driving licence to be considered for this role.
GAP gives all candidates equal opportunities and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.