CVP is already established as the UK’s NO.1 reseller of Broadcast, Cinematography and Professional Videography Equipment (a position that we work hard to maintain and develop!) and unsurprisingly we are passionate about all things Cine, Video and Photo. We’ve been in the business a long time and work hard to really understand our customers’ needs, so we can deliver first class service – and the right solution, whether that’s a compact camera or a complete studio system. Or even just some good advice. From our engineers who keep stuff working to our sales support team whose job is to look after our customers, to our highly skilled systems guru’s, to our online team - we’re here for them.
CVP are at a key stage of our evolution, having emerged from a successful MBO just over 12 months ago we have opened an exciting new site in Soho and have continued on our impressive growth trajectory and we now seek a pro-active and can-do demonstration technician to make a real difference in our Studley operation through a number of areas including; providing onsite (and offsite) product demonstrations, co-ordinating and getting hands-on with our events in Studley, working as part of our ‘Live Streaming’ team, managing/coordinating our demo kit and providing technical expertise and advice both internally and externally as required.
We’ve grown from £50m to £95m+ t/o in 5 years and we’re hungry for bigger growth in the future, this role offers the successful applicant the opportunity to really make an impact and establish themselves as a key contributor to our story. Only candidates worthy of such accountability should apply.
We are looking to recruit a Demo Technician to work across a number of business streams within CVP, this will include; Pre-Sales/Sales (demonstrations, advice), Post sales (set up advice and trouble shooting), Marketing/Web initiatives (including events, shows, live streams, website), Studio Coordination (managing our Studley studio, including camera set-up/operation etc), Stock management (coordinating and managing our demonstration stock) and general customer technical/demo liaison.
This is a full time role which is ideally suited to a self-motivated, dynamic and conscientious team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills, a passion for best practice in customer service, a good level of experience using and technical competence in the broadcast/cinematography equipment field, an interest in broadcast & video technologies and being a part of a progressive company.
This role includes responsibility for the following (this list may not be exhaustive):
Assisting in a variety of functions
- Coordinating Customer demonstrations in Studley
- Ensuring equipment availability
- Testing/set-up of equipment
- Conducting customer demos as required
- Packing up & storing demo equipment
- Conducting off-site (customer hosted) demonstrations as applicable
- Working closely with account management team to coordinate/manage these
- CVP Events* (in Studley and potentially other locations)
- Assisting in coordination of event
- Setting up CVP’s facilities in preparation for event
- Attendance/technical involvement in Event
- Event strip down/pack away
- Website technical information assistance
- Helping with product attachment
- Improving search results
- Improving accuracy of information available
- Pre and Post sales technical consultancy/advice
- Liaising with account managers (internal) and customers where required to provide technical advice/guidance before sale
- Liaising with account managers and customers post sale to provide advice on set-up, optimum functionality and trouble-shooting (where required)
- Testing and preparing all incoming Demonstration equipment to make sure that it’s OK
- Managing the inventory of Demo stock in Studley
- Ordering/transferring from other locations
- Ordering new demo stock
- Storing appropriately in Studley
- Managing stock transfers back to other CVP locations
- Coordinating/managing any off site demos
- Stock taking against CVP’s warehouse management system
- Advising upon when to dispose of/sell demo stock and managing process
- CVP Studio Shoots/livestreams
- Coordinating CVP Studley’s studio shoots and livestream events
- Ensuring all equipment required is available, tested and set-up
- Liaising with other CVP staff to ensure clear plan of action/responsibilities
- Camera(s) operation
- Studio pack-up/strip down following live stream/studio shoot
- Camera/lighting/sound person for CVP shoots conducted locally
- Preparing Ex-DEMO equipment for sale including;
- Cleaning/removal of stickers etc
- Minor cosmetic refurbs
- Liaising with Pro Repairs/Engineering for functional refurb work
- Retesting stock prior to dispatch when required
*CVP Events cover a wide range of activities including manufacturer open days, customer training, road shows, new equipment previews etc
Desirable Core Attributes & Competences
Enthusiasm and Self-Motivation
A good Team Player
Strong problem solving skills
Ability to work to procedures and own initiative
Ability to work well under pressure
Innovative approach to new challenges
Logical and methodical thinker
Good interpersonal skills
Good organisational skills
Knowledge in set-up and usage of technical broadcast/cinematography equipment.
Skill in both verbal and written communication.
Skill in repair of digital and computer systems.
NVQ or equivalent in Film or TV Production etc.
If you feel that you would like to join our highly motivated and friendly team, then please don't hesitate in contacting us today.
We have been growing since 1986 with offices in Studley, Brentford, London, Glasgow, Manchester and Cardiff.
We are passionate about all things Cine, Video and Photo. We’ve been in the business a long time and work hard to really understand our customers’ needs, so we can deliver first class service – and the right solution, whether that’s a compact camera or a complete studio system. Or even just some good advice. From our engineers who keep stuff working to our sales support team whose job is to look after our customers, to our highly skilled systems guru’s, to our online team - we’re here for them.
We’ve created a great working environment and have a really strong team culture, we’d love you to join.
Workplace pension, study support package, bonus