• Delivery Manager (L2.2u) in Head Office in Swindon.
• Data & Analytics Squad.
• £50,840 – £73,436 a year on a permnant 35 hour contract.
• Send in your application by 26/11/2019
Our Transformation professionals have the exciting challenge of managing Nationwide’s business transformation agenda. We have around 120 projects and programmes in flight at any time. Many of which are delivering new products and new technologies, as well as updating our existing technology estate. Through an annual investment in change projects, we strive to ensure that the organisation remains competitive and continues to evolve and provide legendary service to our members. This is a fast paced, dynamic environment where delivering our change portfolio makes a real difference to the business and our members.
This role will use appropriate frameworks, tools and techniques to plan and deliver change initiatives, adapting approach to manage complexity and drive out safe delivery at pace, whilst delivering towards the overall change team Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) and managing the expectations of stakeholders. The role will lead the way as a facilitator who helps and supports the change team to perform at their best. The role will follow the scrum process or waterfall, and agile values and practices, typically for medium to large sized change initiatives/projects or programmes.This role will have three main focus areas; doing delivery, resourcing delivery and enabling delivery.
Who we're looking for
We are looking for Delivery Manager/Senior Project Managers to work within Data and Analytics Community to manage projects and initiatives to support the effective and safe management of member and customer data.
Qualifications, experience and knowledge:
• Degree level education or equivalent (i.e. a change management qualification) or extensive experience of working within a complex change management environment (medium to large complexity).
• A proven expert in IT change and readiness (including project management, release management, inception, delivery, readiness, demand planning and PMO) within medium to large scale complex change environments.
• Extensive experience of working across multiple/diverse communities.
• Knowledge and experience of working with traditional change methodologies as well as agile methods, adaptive change framework and setup-to-succeed.
• Good negotiating, influencing, motivational and leadership skills.
• Awareness of society strategy/change team outcomes and relative aspects to develop delivery plans.
• Experience of leading/managing a team.
• Strong communication skills.
• Detail focused.
• Ability to grasp complex issues quickly.
• Strong experience of working with agile methodology and to agile deliveries.
It would be nice if you also had:
• Experience of delivering large scale and complex Techincal and Business Change projects.
• Experience of PCI DSS would be beneficial.
• Stakeholder Management up to Director Level
• Budget Management
What you'll be doing
• This role will be responsible for the day-to-day management of medium to large change and readiness initiatives through the full lifecycle from inception through to close down. This will involve scoping, planning, managing, estimating, and delivering change initiatives.
• Accountable for delivering and managing multiple medium to large IT change and readiness initiatives successfully against agreed delivery plan(s) to time, quality and cost that in turn feed into change team outcomes/roadmaps. This will involve business readiness, release management, demand management and implementation.
• Responsible for assessing the outcomes linked to multiple medium to large size change initiatives, ensuring that they land well in the business and in turn deliver tangible outcomes meeting the needs of our members and employees.
• Responsible for identifying and utilising the appropriate set of delivery methodologies for medium to large change initiatives and operating within specified guardrails ensuring that key deliverables are fit for purpose and will enable the defined outcomes.
• As required, this role will be required to feed into the Quarterly Review (QR) memo and generate accurate, relevant and timely reporting to enable progress of change initiatives to be tracked centrally whilst working alongside the Change Realisation Office, Delivery Value and Change Quality Partners to monitor and provide insight into how the change team is tracking.
• Lead diverse teams within the Delivery Management capability, working alongside Delivery Value to ensure that resource is allocated to the right place at the right time and that behaviours including confidence and accountable freedom are embedded whilst playing a part in driving a cultural shift of outcome focused on change.
• This role is accountable for removing blockers (and supporting others to do the same) and the pro-active identification, communication and resolution of risks and issues as well as working alongside Delivery Value to asses and apply continuous improvement measures in inflight change initiatives, post programme/project reviews and directly into methodology revisions. This role will be a natural point of escalation and will foster a learning culture based on continuous improvement.
• This role will encourage a collaborative team and exhibit the behaviours of an Agile Leader with an Agile mindset whilst encouraging the team to embrace and adopt agile values and principles.
The extras you'll get
If you put a lot in, it’s only fair you should get a lot out. So if you help us do the right thing for our members, we’ll help further your career with us.
As part of our team you’ll get:
• Access to training to help you progress and develop your technical skills and career
• Pension scheme where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%
• Life assurance worth 8x your salary
• 25 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• The ability to 'buy’ up to 10 days more holiday
• Flexible benefits scheme giving you access to discount vouchers at various retail outlets
• Access to an annual performance related bonus scheme
• Car allowance worth £4656