Our people love the exciting and meaningful work they do, the cutting-edge resources and technology they have access to, the benefits we offer and the great community we’ve built. Want to join them?
The successful candidate will exhibit the following:
- Understand critical success factors for the project (beyond the traditional measures: on time, on budget and to agreed scope) and ensure each work stream has a plan in place to achieve the success factors.
- Be responsible for achieving or exceeding profitability targets plus accurate and timely forecasting and reporting of project variables (revenue, staffing, work in progress, debt etc.).
- Exploit opportunities for adding value to the client, ensuring that expectations are proactively managed and issues are addressed promptly and appropriately.
- Motivate and empower teams to create a positive and creative culture for our people to perform well, learn and grow.
- Ensure all team members have clear goals, receive regular feedback and have timely and constructive appraisals.
- Ensure team members have learning and development objectives to acquire and maintain the skills necessary for the project.
- Have responsibility for staffing teams and on-boarding of new team members.
- Build and maintain constructive and collaborative relationships with the client, other suppliers and third-party stakeholders.
- Ensure appropriate project governance arrangements and technical quality standards are developed and followed throughout the project lifecycle.
- Effectively manage project risks and issues, escalating where appropriate.
- Comply, and ensures team members comply, with all confidentiality and non-disclosure policies and agreements and ensure the security of information, at all times.
Business Development & Account Management
- Support future growth by working closely with Sales, Account Leads & Account Management teams, assisting where required with the sales/procurement cycle to best position Kainos to win profitable new business.
- Promote successes Kainos-wide, to our customers and to the market, through case studies, award submissions, blogs, tweets etc.
- Understand the contracts and commercial terms applying to our projects and ensure that Kainos is not compromised by non-compliance.
Professional Development and Growth
- Contribute to continuous improvement initiatives within the Management and Leadership Capability.
- Understand current thinking from the Technology, Experience Design and Consulting capabilities and drive alignment accordingly.
- Encourage innovation in technology and process both within the project and outside the project.
- Proactively assist with recruitment activities to enable stable organisational growth.
Minimum (essential) requirements:
- Minimum of 2 years of demonstrable success managing the delivering of technology-based projects using agile methodology.
- Substantial experience in managing and leading project teams including line management responsibility.
- Evidence of developing and managing sound client-supplier relationships and good knowledge of at least one industry vertical (e.g. Financial Services, Health or Government).
- Broad technology experience, awareness of current technology trends and a sound understanding of contemporary software engineering practices and behaviours.
- Experience of adhering to robust project governance and technical quality standards.
- Experience of project delivery aimed at digital transformation.
- Experience of user research, analytics and design disciplines and their contribution to the effective delivery of digital services and platforms.
- Evidence of securing significant follow-on business with an existing client.
- Evidence of innovating or leading initiatives to improve management and leadership practices within a team or an organisation.
- Holds a current and recognised Project or Programme Management certification.
- Proven ability to manage, motivate and empower teams and lead by example.
- Strong commercial awareness and sound understanding of project dynamics.
- Affable, credible and can communicate effectively with clients and colleagues, including formal presentations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent team player capable of delivering results in less than perfect circumstances.
- Have a natural willingness to share information freely.
- Mature, firm but non-confrontational style.
- Highly flexible (including willingness to work away from home base).
- A positive attitude to overcoming the challenges facing our clients.
Who you are:
Our vision is to enable outstanding people to create digital solutions that have a positive impact on people’s lives. Our values aren't abstract; they are the behaviours we expect from each other every day and underpin everything that we do. We expect everyone to display our values by being determined in how obstacles are overcome; honest when dealing with others; respectful of how you treat others; creative to find solutions to complex problems and cooperative by sharing information, knowledge and experience.
These values, applied collectively, help to produce an outstanding Kainos person, team and culture.
Kainos is a high-growth IT services company providing digital technology solutions and agile software development to enterprise customers. Across our 30-year history, we have worked on transformational projects across government, NHS and a myriad of private sector clients.
WHO YOU ARE:
Our vision is to enable outstanding people to create digital solutions that have a positive impact on people’s lives. Our values aren't abstract; they are the behaviours we expect from each other every day and underpin everything that we do. We expect everyone to display our values by being determined in how obstacles are overcome; honest when dealing with others; respectful of how you treat others; creative to find solutions to complex problems and cooperative by sharing information, knowledge and experience. These values, applied collectively, help to produce an outstanding Kainos person, team and culture.