Job Description Summary:TWe believe we’re best positioned to make a meaningful impact on the economy. Every day, we provide a diverse range of organisations with the kind of business and financial advice it takes to do this. Our ideas and insight empower our clients to make big decisions about the future and unlock sustainable growth. With a relentless focus on quality and integrity, we help businesses, communities and our people to flourish.
Overall Role Purpose
To support the D&BC business in driving profitable growth in its core markets through the development and implementation of a clear marketing strategy and plan. The plan will focus on the key areas of growth for D&BC and attempt to create connectivity across the D&BC service lines by building marketing activities around key client issues and the needs of key target audiences and channels. In this context, the role will also provide a level of marketing coordination and facilitation support to the D&BC sectors.
Importantly the role will work alongside the wider marketing team to ensure D&BC is fully represented in the firm-wide marketing plan and headline XLOS marketing activity.
Line manages and mentors the Restructuring Marketing team.
· To work with the D&BC leadership to develop a Marketing plan and programme for D&BC that is client centric, focused on the key strategic priorities aligned to the D&BC business plan, and has clear and measurable targets
· To provide a marketing focus on our key decision makers and their goals and needs to ensure relevance in what we speak out on and how we engage with them
· Through a demonstrably fluency in digital marketing channels, apply a digital first approach to our marketing activities to drive greater insight, outcomes and ROI
· Lead the review, update and ongoing approach for D&BC in terms of our external website (in line with the firm’s wider digital strategy)
· Take responsibility for bringing our new brand positioning through the breadth of our D&BC Marketing efforts to help drive consideration
· Support on the ‘go to market’ elements of propositions, ensuring they are tailored to key accounts and sectors
· Is up to date in the key strategic themes and revenue opportunities for D&BC at any given time, and is able to convert themes and opportunities into related activities/ initiatives
· Supporting client first XLOS thinking by inputting to the firm's XLOS GTM editorial group
· Work collaboratively with the firm wide marketing team and the Marketing Operations team (particularly the Campaigns lead) to ensure that D&BC is represented and informing national XLOS Marketing priorities (for example CEO programme)
· Validates strategy and direction through facilitating access to all the insights we have across the firm to enable a better understanding of our markets, including critical collaboration with BD and Client Experience teams
· Delivers effective internal communications within D&BC around initiatives to ensure take-up and appropriate usage on the ground
· Works closely with PR to maximise press coverage in relation to activities and comment
· Creates and manages relevant third-party relationships/ strategic partners - e.g. research agencies, media organisations
The minimum criteria
· Educated to degree level or equivalent
· Digital Marketing qualification/ Marketing qualification i.e. CIM Post-Graduate Diploma
Skills to set you apart
Here are a few more skills we are looking for. Don’t worry if you don’t tick every box. It’s important for us to support you in your role and help you to develop along the way.
· Proven track record of Service Line marketing at a Manager level within a Professional Services firm
· Demonstrable Content marketing experience
· Marketing experience across the full marketing mix, including digital, social and ecomms
· Strong communication and influencing skills
· Proof of strong stakeholder management and relationship building with senior partners
· Strong project management experience
· Experience of managing own time and completing multiple tasks/assignments with potentially competing deadlines
Do you care about the same things we do?
We have six values we work by. When we meet, we’ll want you to show us how they’re important to you, too.
Collaboration: We work together, share ideas and always make time to help each other out.
Leadership: Everyone has the chance to lead their own projects.
Excellence: Quality is central to our purpose. We love what we do, and it shows. We sweat the details. We see things through, no matter how tricky.
Agility: The world moves quickly. To keep up, we stay flexible – changing approaches, changing projects, working offline, online, together and alone to get things done.
Respect: A given, of course: we value each other and our clients. We listen, we understand, we care.
Responsibility: The decisions we make and advice we give affects people’s lives and livelihoods. We take that seriously and always do well by doing what’s right.
Share ideas and profits
Unlike most firms, we’re also a shared enterprise. So when the firm does well, everyone does well by taking home a share of the profits. Of course, to get those profits, we need to share ideas and share responsibility for our work, too.
Bring your whole self
Now you’ve seen our values, it shouldn’t be a surprise that we’re creating a respectful, open, diverse place to work. Building an inclusive culture, where we value difference and respect our colleagues, is not just the right thing to do, it helps our people to perform at the best of their ability and realise their potential.
“We are committed to making sure that the opportunities within our firm are equally accessible for everyone – regardless of background or gender.” Dave Dunckley, CEO
There’s more to life than work
Families, children, sports, night classes…the things you do and the people you’re with outside work matter. They can inspire, motivate and energise you. Inside the office and out. So if you’d like to work flexibly, let us know. We’re happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles, and we’ll always do our best to keep your work and life in balance.
View our video below to see what life is like at Grant Thornton.
Closing date: Wednesday 23th September