Do you enjoy helping others and making a significant difference to someone’s life? If you do, then a support worker career could be for you!
Shaw healthcare is recruiting for Support Workers to join our new 80 bedded home with state of the art facilities, due to open in May 2019. Figbury Lodge, located in Canford Heath, will be Poole's flagship care home providing a mixture of nursing, residential and dementia beds with an additional 20 transitional beds.Main Responsibilities
Our Support Workers deliver a high quality of care and support to our service users in line with our core values of 'Wellness, Happiness, and Kindness'. We believe that these should be present in all we do, both for employees and those who use our services. Our vision is to provide the quality of care that we would want for our own loved ones. You will work together with our team to ensure that the physical, social, psychological and emotional needs of our service users are met.
To ensure continuity of care, our Support Workers work from 7.45am – 8.15pm, including alternate weekends.The Ideal Candidate
It doesn't matter about your experience, if you want to help people there's a career opportunity for you in Shaw healthcare. What matters are your personal values. We will provide you with the training you need, including Induction, the Care Certificate and ongoing development and progression.
The skills you’ll need
- A positive and caring person, who is confident and able to deliver individualised care and support in line with each of our residents support guidelines.
- Communicate and engage effectively with our service users, their families and colleagues, taking part in social activities and promoting their independence and dignity.
- Strong interpersonal and working relationship skills.
- Good understanding of the disabilities, health and social care needs of our service users and assist those who have mobility or continence needs, using the appropriate aids and equipment.
- Provide appropriate levels of care and support to ensure that personal hygiene needs are met, (washing, dressing, bathing, using the toilet).
As the role requires work with vulnerable people and delivering personal care and support, your employment will be subject to appropriate pre-employment checks including references and a Disclosure and Barring Service Check.About The Company
Why Shaw healthcare?
We are one of the UK’s leading Health and Social care providers who deliver a wide spectrum of care in a variety of purpose-built care environments; care homes for the elderly, specialist dementia units, mental health units and low secure psychiatric hospitals.
We highly value the wonderful contribution of our employees who stay with Shaw healthcare. They enable a high level of continuity of care for our service users. Continuing relationships between our employees and service users and their families are fundamental to the quality of the care we provide.
We recognise this in our Employee of the Month programme, local Shining Stars and our famous Annual Star Awards. We also provide an Annual Loyalty Bonus Scheme with a bonus of an additional weeks pay, at the end of a completed year, based on your average pay over the year - and our unique biannual incentive scheme paid to all staff in our services that meet our high quality standards.
What benefits will I receive? Shaw healthcare have an excellent employee benefit programme, which includes:
- Excellent rates of pay
- Paid annual leave - 28 days per year
- Corporate 4 day induction and mandatory training e.g. moving and handling
- Nest pension scheme
- Free Uniform
- Discounted Meals while on Shift
- Free Parking
- Refer a friend bonus scheme (earn up to £1000)
- Biannual incentive scheme
- Excellent development and promotion opportunities
- Work towards a QCF qualification
- Retail discounts and vouchers
- Holiday discounts
- Online benefits and cashback rewards
- Employee assistance program to all contracted staff including face to face counselling