Database, Python, Infrastructure, SRE, Site Relibility Engineering, Big Data, Start Up
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Database Specialist/Database Engineer to work for a very exciting Financial Services organisation (this company have a real start up feel). This is a very interesting opportunity for someone to lead the technical direction of the company.
They require someone who can take end to end ownership of their technical offering. The succesful person would be responsible for the database, infrastructure and programming as well as being able to recommend the most cutting edge technologies the company should be using.
Key skills/experience required:
- Extensive experience working with a range of databases on development and engineering
- Ability to solve challenging business problems using cutting edge technology
- Strong programming skills, particularly with Python
- Comfort using the Linux shell to understand and troubleshoot an overall system
- Proficiency with SQL
- ETL Data pipelining experience
- Strong infrastructure/SRE understanding
- Strong experience with cutting edge technologies
- Experience working in a start up would be highly beneficial
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is hungry and wants to take technical ownership within the start up type environment of a financial services company. My client are not interested in a specific number of years' experience. If you feel you are technically strong enough to do a role like this, please apply.
Please respond with an up to date CV for further information - firstname.lastname@example.org
McGregor Boyall is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on any grounds.
£80,000.00 - £150,000.00 per year