Our client is a reputable FTSE-250 business which is continuing to invest heavily in its IT and undergoing a large transformation of IT systems, environments and processes. As a result, they are looking to recruit a Database Administrator to their growing Infrastructure Services Team responsible for the on-going development and support of their data platforms throughout the business whilst improving platform stability.
The successful candidate will use their technical knowledge to design and implement new solutions into the business, while maintaining, supporting and providing continuous improvement to existing on-premise Infrastructure and new Azure cloud Infrastructure.
- Build and support data platforms on both on-premise and Azure cloud infrastructure for online, internal and third-party systems.
- Continually develop and maintain an expert understanding of data systems & services and their interaction within the business and other departments.
- Monitor, support and maintain the Database Infrastructure in accordance with the Incident, Major Incident and Problem Management process with a focus on driving down repeat tickets.
- Research and evaluate new technologies to increase the performance, stability and security of the Infrastructure and data platforms.
- Work closely with the security team to deliver and maintain secure solutions ensuring data is secured in accordance with best practices.
- Ensure that all data solutions comply with applicable Data Protection and ePrivacy legislation and working with the data protection team on compliance.
- Ensure database environments are secure and adhere to PCI-DSS standards.
- Ensure database platforms remain security complaint, patched and backed up in accordance with our policies and SLA’s
Skills & Experience
- In-depth experience designing, building and administering large complex Microsoft SQL Server environments 2008/2012/2016/2019
- Strong experience in building and supporting Microsoft SQL Clusters, including Always-on availability groups
- Knowledge of the Microsoft BI Stack SSRS/SSAS/SSIS technologies.
- Strong Experience in continuous improvement and maintenance of DB platforms
- Relevant Industry recognized certification or demonstrable industry experience
- Exposure to Agile Methodologies
- Knowledge of experience with Microsoft Azure SQL Database.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure Cloud Technologies.
- Knowledge of PowerShell/Systems Automation
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000 per annum
Benefits: Annual Bonus (~15% payout) Annual Share Allocation, Share Save Scheme, Private Medical Insurance, 25 days holiday, 35-hour working week, product discounts & More!
Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
Salary additional info: + Bonus + Shares +