Database Administrator Intern (12 months)
Pennine Business Park, Huddersfield – HD2
eDriving is on a mission is to help drivers return home safely to their loved ones at the end of each day. We are a fast growing, private-equity backed company that has the fire of a start-up with the traction of a company who has had over twenty years to build momentum, revenue, and operational scale.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Intern position in our database admin team.
As a great entry into a tech career in a fantastic business with ambitious growth the role works involves preparation of large volumes of data for import between systems. Key skills include:
- A thorough and methodical approach and excellent organization;
- Excellent attention to detail with with accurate keyboard skills;
- Good IT, knowledge of excel, and knowledge of SQL is advantageous,
- Previous experience of working in an office environment, ideally in data administration
As an internship you will have the opportunity to work alongside an experienced team and training and support will be provided.
eDriving is a global driver safety management system. Our proven systems reduce road accidents, collisions, injuries and licence endorsements through a patented closed-loop driver behaviour-based safety programme that reduces collisions by up to 67%.
With clients including Amazon, BT, Royal Mail, and Nestle, we are the partner of choice for many of the world’s largest and safest commercial driving fleets. Established for over 23 years we have served over one million drivers in 45 languages and 96 countries. Our programme has been recognised through 70+ client and partner awards around the world.
To apply, please include your CV and a covering letter here, setting out what would make you a great candidate for the position.
Full Job Description – Database Administrator Intern
Working closely with the Global Database Manager, the main focus of the role is to prepare large volumes of data for import between systems. This involves:
- Maintaining support to enterprise client databases;
- Data cleansing of large volumes of client data;
- Reformatting data in order to accurately match the format and structure of internal database and spreadsheets
- Building and creating new databases;
- Documenting database rules, processes and client information;
- Generating queries and complex reports for data analytics;
- Identifying and reporting potential risks which arise from inadequate procedures, systems or data handling;
- Conducting compliance checks and preparing reports for required changes and to meet policy / process changes;
- Diagnosing low level database problems, running back ups, maintaining security, configuring systems, administering database and performing file maintenance;
- Collaborating with team members to collect requirements and troubleshoot;
- Coding experience a plus (PHP, JAVA, Laravel);
- HTML experience a plus;
- This list is intended to be fluid and ever-changing, and may not contain all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of an eDriving team member. All employees may perform other duties as assigned or as they become apparent, necessary, or helpful.
Recruiting criteria – we are seeking a candidate who can demonstrate the following skills, abilities and experience,
- Experience in a similar role involving data administration is advantageous;
- The use of a thorough and methodical approach;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Accurate keyboard skills;
- Good communication skills and the ability to work as a member of a team as well as independently;
- Excellent organisation and co-ordination skills with the ability to keep track of progress when working on large volumes of data;
- The ability to organise own work in order to manage multiple priorities;
- Good IT Skills with working knowledge of MS Office including excel;
- Knowledge of SQL and advanced Excel skills would be an advantage;
- Previous experience of working in an office environment;
Due to the nature of the business, the candidate offered the role will be required to complete a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Further details will be supplied closer to the time.