Data Support Analyst £22,000 - £26,000
Based at our modern offices in Longbridge, Birmingham, this is an opportunity to join a highly professional team delivering energy procurement and management solutions to our membership of public sector bodies, predominantly from the Education sector. This role is critical to the continued success of TEC in meeting the demands of our membership in managing their estate assets from the perspective of cost, consumption and carbon.
We offer the following benefits:
- We are a values based organisation (Open, Dedicated, Generous and Collaborative)
- Structured salary progression
- Performance bonus
- 30 days holiday per year plus banks
- Life assurance
- Contributing pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Internal and external training & development
We are now looking for a Data Support Analyst who will be responsible for the maintenance of databases in support of our services and the accuracy of reporting to the member base. The post will work closely with the Member Services and Trading teams to establish and implement improvements to current member reporting and to identify trends emerging from member data. You will be developing and establishing reporting formats, data gathering and analysis in support of the flexible purchasing strategy, and the provision of additional energy bureau services to the business and members.
The successful candidate will:
- Be highly PC Literate – proficiency in various IT packages including MS Office, with advanced knowledge of MS Excel and Visual Basic.
- Have previous experience of working within an analysis role involving the manipulation of data for reporting
- Have sound Energy industry structure knowledge with two years experience desirable
- Demonstrate a high level of accuracy at pace and attention to detail
- Takes ownership for solving problems and for own development
- Have excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Have sound organisational and prioritising skills
- Looks to drive a positive impact for the business.
You will provide clear analytical reporting through manipulation of a variety of datasets, on all aspects of energy expenditure and usage, for a large number of supply points/locations throughout the UK. You will also be responsible for adding value to TEC’s utility data by undertaking technical and forensic analysis focused on monthly KPI reporting, query identification, data validation investigation and resolution.
You will be required to work with the wider team in developing internal processes and data validation routines to meet the needs of our members, including supply contract tendering and bid comparison. A data management platform will need to be maintained to ensure members can readily receive reports relating to all aspects of their energy consumption and cost, whilst also managing annual reporting to other interested purchasing consortia as evidence of the sector meeting targets for collaborative spend and carbon reduction.
You must be comfortable with supporting colleagues in member facing activities, including the development of new services. There are also substantial opportunities to work with energy suppliers to facilitate improved data capture and transfer.
We value equality and diversity and so welcome applications from all sections of society.
We may close this advert early should we get sufficient volume of quality candidates, so please do not delay sending in your application.
We do not accept applications from recruitment agencies.
Closing Date: 27 May 2019