Zego is empowering new enterprise with insurance solutions fit for the 21st century. We are building an insurance platform from scratch, driving innovation in the industry whilst supporting the growth of new mobility and the gig economy. In 2018 we were listed as one of the top 3 disruptors to watch on the Sunday Times Fast Track 100. We were also listed in Wired magazine as one of the 5 hottest startups in London. We will be the largest and best-loved provider of innovative insurance solutions for new enterprise and we want you on board!
Join the InsurTech revolution and be part of the journey that will disrupt the space!
Zego is experiencing hyper-growth and looking to scale globally; we are now expanding our Data Science & Pricing Team and looking for an exceptional Data Scientist to partner with our Leadership, Data, Tech, Product, Finance, Strategy, Operations and Marketing teams.
The Data Science & Pricing Team is responsible for all the aspects related to data, including making data available, data cleaning, extraction, problem formulation and definition of success metrics, designing, implementing and testing models, and productionising new exciting tools and algorithms.
This is a newly created position and a fantastic opportunity for a highly motivated individual with a "can do" attitude, eager to prove themselves in a fast-paced environment and take on a wide range of responsibilities, at one of the most interesting startups in Europe.
You will have access to unique insights and visibility of the global business and the complex dynamics underlying all our business verticals.
You will be a key member of the Data & Pricing Team, constantly aiming to dramatically revolutionise the way Insurance has been working so far by extracting hidden insights and working on projects varying in nature from risk management to fraud detection and prevention.
You will prove that two people of the same age, vehicle, claims history, living in the same neighbourhood shouldn’t necessarily get the same quote.
You will be leading the InsurTech revolution totally disrupting the way risk has been assessed so far and identifying static and dynamic features driving risk.
You will promote fairness through transparency of information. We’re advocating for an industry in which everyone receives fair pricing and feedback on how to reduce both risk and premium
You will be empowered to turn insights into data-driven effective strategic and tactical initiatives boosting growth and improving profitability.
We expect you to be able to challenge the status quo and redesign the way we look at the business.
Through your role, you will:
- Work with various types of data and diverse datasets: weather, shift and trip information, traffic, public repositories, telematics, geospatial data, web scraping, smartphone sensors, etc
- Use advanced tools, sophisticated methods and techniques to develop advanced algorithms to take smart and instantaneous decisions and promote automation in different areas
- Identify all the features that impact risk. Design, develop and test complex ML models able to leverage data and dynamically calculate the risk with a high degree of accuracy
- Run reserve analyses
- Build anomaly detection models to determine fraud patterns and build solutions to limit fraudulent behaviours
- Work closely with our data analysts to design and develop dashboards, reports and ad-hoc analyses to measure the impact of your initiatives
- Maintain and regularly improve the algorithms you developed
- Partner with stakeholders of different seniority showcasing your inclination as an outstanding individual contributor or a team manager and develop into other senior roles
- Play an important role in building the Data Science & Pricing Team
- Constantly generate new research ideas to be pursued in the future
- BS/BA in Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics or other quantitative disciplines
- 5+ years of experience in Data Science covering predictive modelling, exploratory data analysis, probabilistic modelling and productionising solutions
- Highly experienced in modelling in Python, R or equivalent
- Strong proficiency in querying relational databases using different SQL dialects
- Experience with version control (e.g. git/GitHub, etc.)
- Advanced knowledge of physics, linear algebra, probability/statistics
- Proven highly commercial mindset to support effective prioritisation
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Solid collaboration skills and ability to build trust and confidence across the organisation
- Self-starter, naturally curious, inquisitive, great initiative and dedication, highly motivated
- Ability to switch context without compromising the quality of your work
- Eager to develop and continuously improve
- Hungry. You truly want to revolutionise an industry that did not exhibit significant innovation in the last decades and contribute to the expansion of our geographical footprint
- Master's degree or Ph.D. in Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics or other quantitative disciplines
- Knowledge of Looker, Tableau Software or other data visualisation tools
- Previous experience at a fast-growing startup
- Previous experience in the Insurance space
- Competitive package
- Working at top-tier VC backed high-growth startup
- Great working environment, close to Old Street
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Continuous learning and development: you will be challenged with lots of responsibility and exciting projects
- Free team breakfasts, snacks, socials etc.
- Personal allowance for coaching/therapy sessions
- Be a member of a team that is building something exceptional!