Correlation Risk Partners (“CRP”) invests and partner with entrepreneurial businesses that have a proven ability to distribute niche insurance products. The data scientist will be part of the core London based team working with partners of CRP to wrangle data and develop models that add value to their organizations. The Data Scientist will be responsible for defining data strategies and will work closely with a Data Engineer. The ideal candidate would enjoy day-to-day data science problem-solving mixed with high levels of customer interaction. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data and analysis needs of multiple teams, systems and products.
- Working with partners to deliver business value by translating complex data into meaningful insights
- Helping clients develop models that add value to their organizations and integrating those models into client environments
- Harness large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional requirements
- Input into the implementing and managing of cloud-based data warehouses
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Work with partners to assist with data-related technical issues, support their data infrastructure needs and develop their own in-house capabilities
- Significant relevant experience in a Data Science role
- Experienced R and Python user
- Experience with data visualization and reporting
- Experience with cloud services
- Post graduate degree in a numerate or engineering field
- Highly skilled at manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Proven experience in translating business challenges into data pipelines & model framework
- Customer facing experience and excellent communication skills
- Experience with Machine Learning techniques (classification, regressions, feature selection etc.)
- Programming skills that allow you to be self-sufficient in handling data
- Experience with large datasets and distributed computing is beneficial
Please apply online by sending a cover letter and CV within 28 days of first placement of this advertisement.
plus allowances and benefits, subject to circumstances and experience